I read many times about demons who shout that Jesus was the Messiah and Saviour, but why did he rebuke them many times?

Just a question to those who may know. I read many times about demons who shout that Jesus was the Messiah and Saviour, but why did he rebuke them many times?
If possible, at all, please back up answer with scripture.

Eden Kramer

1 Like

It was not there time to mention Jesus was the savior, messiah because it did not come to past until he was crucified, rose and seated at God’s right hand. Basically they were speaking in future tense.

Pam Evans

1 Like

If you’ve experienced demonic presence you will know how stubborn they are. When I wasn’t a Christian I used to run after a nightmare. Never slept with the lights off. Now 31 years the demons run.

Tholsee Reddy

1 Like

It was not the right time for everyone to know.The devil wanted tostop God’s plan of Jesus going to the cross for us.

Elsa Van Dyk

1 Like

The way I see it, Jesus harshly rebuked the demons because they knew the truth, no faith in that. But the people back then as well as today are called to exercise faith in Him, even if they don’t know all the details and have never met Jesus in person.

Aaron Lemke

It is a form of a parable that only the chosen can see- the wicked will look for any excuse to not bow in repentance-and they would have outright killed him before the time. See John 7:25-31

Dean Moor

Yeuh demons know that Christ is Lord yeuh Satan himself knows that Christ has all power over him and them. Satan and the demons know who is in charge. But of course Our Lord and Savior will forever in the Will of the Father rebuke evil and all those who represent evil especially them who love evil and do it on purpose as Satan and demons do. Satan demons love evil. Jesus loves righteousness. And they know who’s boss

Mac Doug

Luke 4:41 KJ21[41] And devils also came out of many, crying out and saying, “Thou art Christ, the Son of God!” And He, rebuking them, suffered them not to speak; for they knew that He was Christ.The WITNESS is not for Satan’s kingdom! But God’s!! Matthew 16:13-18 AMP[13] Now when Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” [14] And they answered, “Some say John the Baptist; others, Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah, or [just] one of the prophets.” [15] He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” [16] Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the Son of the living God.” [17] Then Jesus answered him, "Blessed [happy, spiritually secure, favored by God] are you, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood (mortal man) did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. [18] And I say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades (death) will not overpower it [by preventing the resurrection of the Christ].

Mark Anthony