I realize that most, if not all of you may disagree with this explanation because you have never thought of this before

Let me share this with everyone. I realize that most, if not all of you may disagree with this explanation because you have never thought of this before. But please bear with me because if you really look at it, you find a consistency of what I say with that which is found in the Bible. In my next post, I can provide more detail for the scriptural basis of what is said here.
In order to resolve the Apostle Paul’s quest for ‘one Lord, one faith, one baptism’, the quick and simple answer is that there are two very important aspects of salvation that Jesus Christ provided in the Atonement that have been historically and synonymously interpreted as one. In order to unravel the confusion that has existed, we will initially approach this claim by providing a basic summary.
There has been a long-standing debate between Christians who believe salvation through ‘faith in Christ with works of righteousness’ is required to attain Eternal Life versus those who believe that we are saved simply through confessing a ‘belief’ in Christ. A significant point is this, those who remain faithful to God’s commandments while also relying on His grace cannot lose either way. We will consider the high stakes involved from a review of the evidence in scripture using the King James’ Version of the Holy Bible.
We begin by exploring the important difference between salvation from ‘Spirit Prison’ and salvation from ‘Spiritual Death’. A source of confusion within Christianity seems to stem from the common belief that there is no difference between these two aspects of salvation. But through a review of the scriptures we will learn that salvation from ‘Spirit Prison’ is a “free gift” of God, whereas salvation from ‘Spiritual Death’ is something we can achieve through God’s grace and our devotion to His commandments. There are many Biblical verses that support this claim.
Throughout the course of time before the Atonement of Christ, all people who had lived and died on earth had also fallen into transgression and were made imperfect. Therefore, no one could qualify to enter the perfect abode of Heaven where God the Father resides. Since these spirits of the deceased could neither enter Heaven nor return to earth life, they were in state of limbo as some Christians have taught. The spirits of all dead were essentially captives in a realm which I call Spirit Prison (as told in the book of Isaiah) with no hope of escape unless a merciful atonement could provide a means to free them.
Without the vicarious and merciful service of Jesus Christ, all of humanity would be doomed to abide the realm of Spirit Prison eternally. Jesus Christ, having lived a mortal life of perfection, was thereby qualified as the unblemished lamb in the sacrificial Atonement. Through the Atonement of Christ, all people who have ever lived and died on the earth would be freed from Spirit Prison, and blessed with a reuniting of their spirit and body as was Jesus Christ in His resurrection where He was made ‘alive’ again. “Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.” (Romans 5:18 (emphasis added for clarity) The point here is the term ‘all’ is specified in the verse.
In this aspect of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the Apostle Paul explains that nothing was required for people to be ‘saved’ from Spirit Prison, neither works of righteousness nor faith. Resurrection for all people is the ‘free gift’ of God which gives our mortal bodies life after physical death. This initially came about by the resurrection of Jesus Christ when His body and spirit were permanently reunited.
The other aspect of the Atonement of Jesus Christ requires the grace of God as well as our faith and efforts to achieve salvation from ‘Spiritual Death’ which is permanent separation from God the Father. Even though all people who lived on the earth will be resurrected, our state-of-being in eternity after the resurrection will depend on our faithfulness to “enter in at the strait gate” of Heaven.
With repeated scriptures, God has stated that He expects us to obey His commandments in our desire to be fully qualified to live with God the Father in His Kingdom of perfection. Jesus Christ makes it possible for us to enter the perfect abode of His Father through a process of repentance as we continually strive to be obedient to His commands. This prepares us to live Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Living in the presence of God the Father is ‘Eternal Life’. It is God’s manner of life in Heaven which is wondrous, and exceeds all imagination. When we “endure to the end” (as the scriptures say) of striving to prove our devotion by living worthily, our sins can be blotted out through our repentance with the grace of God to enter the perfect abode of Heaven with Eternal Life. He expects us to make the effort because He wants to associate with those who are truly devoted to Him. Jesus got us out of prison. Now He expects us to go to work for Him in building up His kingdom on earth.
In my next post, I will ask the question: What about those who are lukewarm in the faith? Until next time, pray for understanding. I constantly do., because so much of what else I hear is confusion to me.

Bob Kinser

Jesus paid it all when He said It is finished. The debt we owed had been paid only if you believed and trusted the finished works of Jesus on Calvary. It is saved by grace through faith alone not adding good works. After being saved or born again we ha… See more

Precy Montes

Spiritual death no relationship with God, because of rejection of the Truth.Abraham’s bosom is empty now Because when Jesus resurrected He led the captivity captive into heaven, there are two choices before a sinner dies, go to hell (not saved or born … See more

Precy Montes

Spiritual death means no relationship with God Almighty, there are two places to go: sinners go to hell because of unbelief and sinners go to heaven because of believing and trusting the Gospel , the death, burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus: thes… See more

Precy Montes