I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears

Reflection from David Chang

The prodigal son as he returned to the father, his mind was made up: “I am no longer worthy to be called your son” He knew the sins he committed, and he was ashamed to be called son. But the father was never ashamed to call this son his own. He ran to him, embraced his filthy son, and restored his sonship right there and then. God’s thoughts are higher than ours, all who look to him will never be ashamed. AMEN.

I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. - Ps 34:4-5 (ESV)

I love the story of the prodical son. I can somehow relate to it. I can always feel God with his arms wide open, waiting for me to come running back to Him despite the weight of my sin in the past. He is never ashamed of me because He is a father who is always forgiving and does nothing but protect ng dignity of His children. He restores us anew and gives us a new heart that is filled with His love so that we will lack nothing.

1 Like

Hello, dear @FaithinGod
I always like to see these kind of reflections. The prodigal song is one of those that never gets old, everyone can relate to it because almost all go through an stage of rebeldy and doubt in their lives. And the most awesome thing is to see how, even though all of that, God still and always will accept his childrens, because he’s driven by Love. Imagine that, if we could be a little like that, how would the world change?
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

1 Like