I wanted to become a Christian and I keep reading my bible. Where is God?

I wanted to become a Christian and I keep reading my bible. Where is God? I was reading the Bible and the prophet Jesus spoke of the church and when they spoke of the church there was healing and miracles lots of praying and fasting. It seemed like that is what would happen when we were saved. And that life would be different? I thought when we got saved Jesus actually saved us and cleansed us of our sins when we were baptized. And you were free and in the holy spirit? I’m just looking around and wondering is this it? There are sooo many churches in America. But I hear nothing about a holy spirit or see really any difference barely at all. I don’t see the homeless being helped much I don’t see anything Jesus talked about. And when I ask pastors questions I get more than one answer. I thought there was one truth. I’m just confused… What is this prophet offering? The truth? What is God’s will? I looked up what a prophet means and they foretell the will of God. Is this it? It just seems empty. Everyone keeps saying look to the future. Like I’m still looking for a future messiah but the bible says he’s here. Where?

Misty Jones Gipson

Jesus is more than a prophet, he is the savour and the Son of God. When you have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord of your life, you yield your self to him and he will reveal him self to you, yield your self through prayers and reading his word and meditating on it.

Siviwe Meba

The fact that you are calling Jesus a prophet tells me a couple of things. Eather you are not a Christian and are mocking us. Or you do not have enough Biblical knowledge to come to Jesus much less have an opinion of his Church.

Lance Carter

Romans 4:5-6 KJV[5] But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. [6] Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Lee Schroeder