I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety

Psalms 4:8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

1 Like

Nowadays when we talk about security the things that comes into mind are; CCTV cameras, large and impenetrable fences, big and fierce looking dogs. These are just some of the measures we have which we can acquire to have security and peace at home. But for the children of God, our greatest security is in the hands of our Father in heaven. The psalmist of this verse is boldly saying that it is in God alone that we can confidently sleep in peace knowing that the blood of Jesus Christ is covering us for protection.

The Lord is our safety and we should lift everything up to Him. Let us all remember that God is always watching over us because He cares for us. He will never abandon us or leave us. Trusting and knowing that God is watching over us means that we believe in Him with all our heart. Let us try to remove all bothersome thoughts and focus on the Lord, our God, who is here to remind us that we are loved and that we have Him with us through every step of the way.

Heavenly Father, You who knows everything and can do everything.
I know that you are always with me and You always listen to me.
Even in sickness and uncertainty,
You have shown me Your grace,
reminded me of your love and granted me peace.
Thank you for staying with me against all odds.
For watching over me and protecting me against harm and diseases.
For always giving me assurance of safety and comfort.
For always guiding and providing my needs.
I know I can sleep in peace tonight, knowing that You will help me fight my battles and I should never be afraid because of You. Amen.

Hello, dear @FaithinGod
This words have so much meaning… It’s just that with the today’s world we have lost the sense of it, because in the past or even to wild animals, lying down and going to sleep was a constant struggle, what if the faced threats? Other animals? Natural occurrences like rain or worse tornadoes? What about the tomorrow would they find food?
Imagine all of this to each one of us, we would go to sleep terrified, but the Lord in his inmense love, took care of all of us, and looks after each time we go to sleep… He even get us the blessing of a roof, so we can sleep even better because he loves us and he’s always taking care of us.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

Hello @FaithinGod Yes! Amen. In a world experiencing wars, rumors of war and dangers of every kind, it’s comforting to know that God has promised to protect His people. We may not all be on the front lines of a natural war, but we all face an enemy who intends to steal, kill and destroy. However, we must always remember our God is more powerful than the devil. And when we make God our refuge, we have security in Him. Just like a newborn baby wrapped in a warm, secure blanket, God wraps us in His love, power and protection.

God sometimes keeps us from the bad stuff, and sometimes he doesn’t. But he will always help us when that bad stuff comes. We will still be safe, because God is immeasurably faithful, and he has immeasurable resources to bring to bear on our behalf. My fears are subsiding. I’m fighting that voice that says, “Things are falling apart. I hate myself.” God has set me in a state of security IN HIM. He is the answer to my deepest desires, and I am tearful with gratitude.