If christian gains salvation through faith, what is the importance of baptism?

b

According to the bible, a person can gain salvation and become a Christian only by faith. (Romans 3:23-25)

When, the one who accepted salvation by faith, enters heaven will God check if he or she went through the ritual of baptism on earth and allow him or her into heaven?

If that is not the case why do some churches emphasize baptism too much?

Why is baptism important?

Baptism is an act in which a Christian is immersed in water to symbolize the end of an old way of living, and a new start. When you get baptized it is a testimony to God and people that you, by faith, will live a new life as an overcomer.

The Bible first mentions Christian baptism in its accounts of John the Baptist. The baptism of John was for the remission (forgiveness) of sins. “I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance
Repentance is the act of regretting sincerely the sin in your past with the goal to never do it again. It is making a decision to turn away from evil and to serve God. Repentance is one of the requirements for the forgiveness of sins. (Mark 2:17; Luke 15:10; Luke 24:46-47; Acts 3:19; Romans 2:4; 2 Corinthians 7:10; 2 Peter… More
but He who is coming after me is mightier than I … He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” Matthew 3:11. With the establishment of the new covenant, because of the death of Jesus on the cross
Jesus was physically crucified on the cross at Calvary. Though blameless, He took upon Himself the punishment for sin, which was death, so He could pay our debts and forgive us our sin if we are willing to believe in Him and follow Him the Apostle Paul wrote: “I have been crucified with Christ…” (Galatians 2:20) This is a metaphorical… More
, baptism is now about more than the forgiveness of sins—it is a covenant to live the life of a disciple
A disciple is another word for a follower of Christ, one who is learning to be like his Master. As a disciple you follow Jesus Christ, who is the Master and by living like Him you become more like Him. (Matthew 16:24; 1 Peter 2:21-22)… More
before God.

Peter compares baptism to the flood in Noah’s time. “… He went and preached to the spirits in prison, who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. There is also an antitype which now saves us – baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh
Sin is anything that goes against God’s will and His laws. To commit sin is to transgress or disobey these laws. The lust to sin dwells in human nature. In other words, it is contaminated and motivated by the sinful tendencies that dwell in all people as a result of the fall into sin and disobedience in the garden of Eden. This… More
, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ …” 1 Peter 3:18-21. The Bible says of Noah’s time: “Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” Genesis 6:5. Just as the waters of the flood put an end to this evil in the Old Testament, baptism represents an end to living a self-centered life of doing my own will and beginning a new life of doing the will of God in the New Testament.

baptism is the mark which means you accept the baptize of Holy Spirit. And you want to change by it.

Maybe you can help me too.

I was baptized by my parents in the Episcopal Church as an infant.
I was later baptized (full immersion) at age 16 to be the example for others to follow in a teens encounter Christ weekend put on by Catholics.

I was saved by our Lord in 2015 as a 55 year old woman.

Do I need to get baptized yet again?

Here’s how I think about it is that our salvation through faith is something happens inside of us, a change in our relationship with God. Baptism is not the way we get salvation, but the way making our salvation public.Through baptism we proclaim to God, to the world, to the devil, and to others that I belong to Jesus Christ.This is an external witness and victory.This reminds me of the wedding ceremony. Although there is no such ceremony, men and women are in love with each other, but this ceremony will make people experience the sanctity , and cherish the relationship of marriage. Also through the wedding ceremony, so that many witnesses together to see the world of love, and have a good hope for marriage.

yes, your answering is right. That is the mark which means you get the baptism of Holy Spirit.