If God gave man free will, how can everything be part of God's plan?

If everything is part of God’s plan, how can we have free will?
free%20will

Hi, friend, this is a good question. First, I want to say, God gave man free will, this is one part of God’s plan.

As for everything happened, the Bible didn’t tell us everything is in God’s plan. But it said everything is in God’s control. God do not plan to have evil in the world, but the evil thing is in God’s control. And finally God will judge everything according to His word.

2 Likes

We have free will, but we do plan for our life and study and work and live according to the plan. We can’t say we have no free will if we do plans. Rather, we do plan that support we have free will. The relationship between God’s plan and our free will is similar. God do good plans for our life, if we seek His plan and live according to his perfect plan, we will have a wonderful, meaningful life. If we don’t seek His plan, we are sinning, sin is not God’s plan, but the devil’s.

Excellent question, @Phoebe! It’s actually a pretty hard theological question. But here’s my offering, the best I can give:

Love can not be forced. God gave free will in the hope that we would love him. For example, consider the minds of parents and children.