If Someone Is Negative and Critical, Can They Be a Christian?

The most difficult person I know claims to be a Christian, although she’s always negative and critical of everyone and not at all pleasant to be around. If that’s what Christians are like, then I don’t want to be one.

Sure, everyone can be a Christian, only by God’s grace. We became God’s people, not because we are perfect, but for we are sinners. We need God’s salvation. And in God’s grace, our life could be changed.

I also meet some people who are negative and critical, it’s not very easy to talk and work together. But I think every kind of person is needed, I believe later she will be changed, and her characters will be helpful for herself and others, like apostle Paul, before he knew Jesus Christ, he was a very persistent person, he persecuted Jesus and His disciples a lot, after after he was called by Lord, he became a great apostle who preach the Gospel in the gentile and open a great history of Christianity. :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

Sure
But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”–Matthew9:13

Amen. We became God’s people not coz we are perfect, but only by God’s grace.

Understand it. As christians, we do have heavenly standard to live our life. However, it does not mean that we are better than others, and look at all things in a negative and critical way.

Also, God wants His people to be joyful. A true christian is a joyful person in his/her heart, who remembers God’s grace and mercy and glad to share it with other people.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you. Just because we are sinners, we need the salvation.

If we have no hope to them at all, pray for them, God will change them.

“The most difficult person I know claims to be a Christian, although she’s always negative and critical of everyone and not at all pleasant to be around. If that’s what Christians are like, then I don’t want to be one.”

Wow. Amen to that! You just described my poor mother. And you described my decision to walk away from God decades ago. I wish I had not done that. And yes, I’ll tell you why.

Man is not God. I know that seems obvious. But all we have to see with our eyes and hear with our ears for role models in Christianity are those who claim to be so, right?

WRONG!!! Please, pay attention to this next. There is testimony about God and Christ and the Holy Spirit apart from human beings. This is where I FINALLY went after years of witnessing supposed “Christians” do all manner of evil. I finally went to that dusty old Bible sitting somewhere ignored in my home. I dusted it off, and in FURY at all those who lied to me about God, I determined to find out for myself who God really is. Apart from these “negative and critical” and in some cases “evil and vile” people. And I found a treasure so immense, I grieve that it took me so long to find it.

Don’t wait. Make today be the first day you inquire of GOD not wretched humans, to see who Christ really is, what He commanded, what He did on the Cross and His Resurrection from the dead! What this really means. You will find eventually that you do not need to look at Christians, true or false, to know what and who God and Christ really are.

And … you can be a Christian, without being “like that”.

P.S. The fact that you can discern that it is not good is a great sign you have a real chance at being one of God’s chosen.