If you are Chinese, how do you protect your heart from worldly influences during the Spring Festival?

If you are Chinese, how do you protect your heart from worldly influences during the Spring Festival?

Hello Jianqiu, glad to be here with you in this community!

Isn’t so great that so many Chinese are coming to believe in Lord Jesus Christ in the past couple of decades :slight_smile:

I am definitely not a Chinese and know very less about Spring Festival.

Would you mind explaining to me and other community members how spring festival looks like in China?
And what are some of the worldly influences a Chinese Christian can have during the Spring Festival?

How can i overcome temptation in Spring Festival?

You do not know what kind of temptations you mean.

Personally, I don’t think there is any temptation in the Spring Festival itself. I think what you mean is the way to celebrate or get along with others during the festival, right?

Basically, Chinese Spring Festival is a day for family members’ gathering. Kind of like Christmas season in US. We will cook traditional food–each region is different from each other, visit relatives, do some traditional things–post Blessing character on the door, fire fireworks, watch national TV program etc.

I think one thing will be little hard to do after you becoming a Christian is: worship ancestors. One aspect it shows the traditional value of Chinese people that respecting your elders and ancestors. Before becoming a Christian, I just followed my parents to worship dead person and asked the dead ancestors that even never see to protect us. After becoming a Christian, I realize that the I need to worship God only. My grandpa passed away. I do miss him but feel strange to worship him. Only the creator I would like to worship. But men put in memory and photo album.

@Taiyanghua Gochu, thank you for drawing a picture of the Chinese Spring Festival.

Ancestor worship is interesting. Yes Christians worship the living God!

Happy Spring Festival to you!

I would say pray, read the Bible as much as you can, and when it comes to the worshiping of gods, just turn your eyes inwardly to Jesus.

And if the Lord gives you a safe opportunity, share you faith.

Most important, pray for God’s protection from temptation and evil around you.

And do not criticize those who believe in other gods. Criticism saves no one.

I am Chinese, and I do understand your struggling. I think to keep the daily spiritual standard. Like pray, read bible, sing some praise songs. It is really helpful to me.