If you could travel to the past in a time machine, what advice would you give to the 6-year-old you?

For me, I wanted to teach the youngsters of today about the importance of reading the bible nor the bible stories too. Because, in our generation today even a months old baby are taught to use youtube channels and other apps.

3 Likes

I would say, just keep doing what is right in your heart and with God. If you mess up, you’d get to time travel/ :wink:

I would say to always see the good in every situation. Be positive and strong depsite all the negativity around.

1 Like

I am thinking of time machine too back in my old days.
I would say to my 6 year old me.
Don’t eat too much chocolates because you will be having toothache. And also don’t let your neighborhood bully your family.
Be humble on your future achievement and strive for greatness
Keep on praying and believe that God has a plan.

what advice would i give to my 6 year old self?

1. in every situation that you will be facing always use your heart and mind ( use it at the same time) i tell you kid those will not let you down.
  2. choose what is always right ( practice your self to choose what do you think is right) Dont lie! especially to your self dont let yourself fool you, “your only ally is your self”
  3. defend what is right CHOOSE TO SPEAK! truth will always prevail! It needs no apologies
  4. always choose to be happy, choose love, choose kindness!

@MakkaPakka I agree with your idea, from all other advices that was the best. Going back to a 6-year old me, I was just fun of playing games or toys with my younger friends and during my generations the technology isn’t advance unlike this year. With your idea teaching a bible, it is really helpful to a child like me, since during my elementary school I also taught by seminarians about the bible about Genesis-Born of Jesus Christ. It was helpful because it will mold the characteristic of a child and when they grow-up possible that child has a good ethics in knowing what’s good or bad. :baby:Also Jesus said:

“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.” “Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. ’ ” “Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.”

1 Like

Hello, dear @MakkaPakka
This one is hard. Normally you think about this stuff more as in talk with your teenager self, or younger adult. But as a 6 year old is hard, I don’t know. Maybe something nice “live to the fullest, don’t worry about anything, only follow God’s path”. This because well, when I was younger there was no YouTube or even a pc on my house.
Maybe something better would give him a letter, that he would understand while he grows.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

I agree with that statement @Jojoy…even in difficult situations we must teach our children on how to be happy and be grateful in everything and always choose kindness over bitterness…so that they will live a happy ang meaningful life…

Agree Sir @Luis_Ruiz…There is no youtube also in my childhood days that is why I teach my daughter outdoor games so that she will not be exposed too much with videos in cellphone as well as radiation…I wanted her to experience the things that I didn’t experience during my childhood too…

Hello, dear @MakkaPakka
Exactly! Maybe you could call it antiques habits hehe, but I really liked those experiences as they shaped me as the men I am today. As a teenager you sometimes don’t understand the meaning behind so many things. I particularly insist to my sister to share more time out of the bedroom, even just talking to anyone, as it builds confidence and love. Praying is another example, my aunt taught to pray first together, after that I started to do it alone. And those see examples that you can’t do with the iPad or the phone.

True Sir @Luis_Ruiz…the youngsters today are more on gadgets and video games…we can’t even ask them a favor to help us in the chores most of the time hehe… as early as now, I teach my daughter the basics like arranging her toys, decluttering some stuffs and give it to charity…etc…what I liked most is she likes bible stories before sleeping at night.she even know the story of Adam and Eve when she’s 1 year and 6months hehe…

1 Like

If I could travel back in time when I was 6 years old, I would like to tell her this:
Always remember that you are loved even if you don’t feel like it. Don’t listen to what they are saying. You may be adopted but there are so many people who loves you. You are not ugly. You are beautiful and precious in God’s eyes. You are not stupid, you’re just lazy. Train yourself to have a study habit. Persistence and determination produces success. You can do it. Embrace your imperfections because that is what makes who you are. There is no other you in this world. You will bloom in God’s time, for the meantime, love yourself. If ever you feel like your love tank is empty, turn to God. He will fill you with love that you will never run out of.

Hello, dear @MakkaPakka
You are an awesome parent! If course there’s a lot more, but starting to form your child character and mind is a wonderful thing! And even better with Christian histories, when I was a child my aunt did the same for me, she told me stories from the Bible when going to sleep. I think it’s one those things that gets to build up faith, even at that young age.

1 Like

Thank you Sir @Luis_Ruiz…I got teary eyed with your statement coz no one ever say that I am an awesome parent :pensive:…Well, I am just doing the things that my mom used to do during my time and helping my daughter experience things that I haven’t experience…I grew up with a strict parents, that is why my childhood was a bit boring and I am not allowed to play with other children at my age…so I sneak out haha!

1 Like

Hello, dear @MakkaPakka
Don’t worry about it. Everything’s is an experienced, I’m sure your father’s wanted the best for you, and well your are who you are today in part thanks to them. So don’t think too much about it, I have always taught that we should have regrets on things we haven’t done, instead of the ones we have already. I’m sure you’ll give to your children everything’s your mom gave you, what she didn’t and much more!

1 Like

Thanks Sir @Luis_Ruiz for the encouraging words…Yes Sir, just like what my mom taught me I will also pass it to my daughter… and keenly watch her as she grows up. I keep praying she will turn out to be a God-fearing lady amd a respectful woman…:blush: