If you tell other people that another person or group has bad motives for doing something, but God knows their hearts and knows you are mistaken - Is that slander?

If you tell other people (in live conversation, on the internet, or any other way) that another person or group has bad motives for doing something, but God knows their hearts and knows you are mistaken - Is that slander? Specifically, if you believe that certain politicians/government officials did something for terrible reasons but God knows they meant well, or that they did something deliberately which was actually an accident, or you blame them for things they had no control over, etc. - and you share that opinion with others? Is that slander? Would it be worse if what you say actually hurts them in some way (like if people don’t vote for them because of your faulty reasoning)? What makes somebody the type of slanderer or slanderous person mentioned in I Cor. 6:10 or 2 Tim. 3:3? Thank you!!

Laura Kay Mohr

Great question. First and foremost, if the Holy Spirit is dealing with you and has reproved this then I would get rid of it, make amends if possible, and drive on with your mission. Along with grace there is also mercy. Now that we got that covered, I … See more

Lance Carter

18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. - Eze 3:18

Carlos M. Perez Jr

If one doesn’t have something nice to say about another person, they shouldn’t say anything at all. (source: every mom prior to 1960)

Jeffery Blakeley