If your close friend is in pain, how you are going to act to help the person to get restored and step out of hurt?

I have a close friend. When I talk with her, through her words, could feel she is in angony and hurting. She could not trust anyone. She believes God. But it seems it’s not easy for her to overcome her feelings of hurting.

Because too close, I don’t know how to help her.

For a person who is hurt a lot, it is very difficult to trust other people, hence they may also be suffering from loneliness and hopelessness.

From the perspective of the bible, only love can heal wounds. To help a person who is hurt and secluded, one needs to show them a lot of love even it means death. Like Jesus - who wanted to reconnect humanity with God, he had to die to show man God’s love and gain his trust towards God. So whenever we feel hopeless, we look at the cross to gain confidence in the love of God, ultimately gaining confidence to live. Similarly people who are hurt should be proven otherwise that they are loved.

There are chances where people who are hurt will continue to misunderstand you more when you show love because of the mistrust developed in them through the process of hurt. Some cases people are just unwilling to accept our love, they don’t want to expose their hearts and keep it dark. As a person who cares for others - we need to be very discerning - knowing the exact position of the person and try to show love in a way that he/she can understand that you are loving him/her.

This process can take a longer time to build up and bear fruit. But I am quite sure that there is no other way. Hope this helps!

Taiyanghua
3d
I have a close friend. When I talk with her, through her words, could feel she is in angony and hurting. She could not trust anyone. She believes God. But it seems it’s not easy for her to overcome her feelings of hurting.

Because too close, I don’t know how to help her.

One thing you can do to help someone you are close to is to just be there. Listen, and listen closely. Do not try to “fix” them. Pray for them, in a closet in secret where God alone hears you. Then be there for that person again. Listen, really listen. Ask God to give you the discernment our brother in Christ spoke of in his response above mine. Ask God to guide your thoughts to help your friend as He would have you help her.

Praying our Lord and Savior will indeed help you in these and all His ways.

1 Like

Very help! Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for your encouragement!