Interesting how so many Christians can be so upset about prayer being taken out from public schools, but even louder are Christians insisting on not celebrating God’s greatest gift to man and of all things taking Jesus out of Christmas

Interesting how so many Christians can be so upset about prayer being taken out from public schools, but even louder are Christians insisting on not celebrating God’s greatest gift to man and of all things taking Jesus out of Christmas.
The light became man to be amongst us, to live in our hearts, so that we could share the light with others. He was not born in a castle or a palace, even though He certainly deserved to be. Instead He was born in a stable. A smelly, ugly, and messy place just 8 miles from Herod’s new fancy palace that put all others to shame. A clear message from God that He came to meet us in our messy, smelly, and ugly and broken places. Not in our good places. The Christmas story is such good news for all of us!
I never would have imagined so many “Christians” being the biggest grinches of all over celebrating the birth of our savior and King, and being so unChristian at Christmas. You are killing the whole Christmas spirit with your petty buzzkill of minor irrelevant technicalities that satan feeds you that only makes Jesus look small. He is so much bigger! I honestly can’t stand to spend any more time around this type of crowd, and am shocked I have to take a break from a “Christian” FB group so that you all don’t ruin Christmas for me, for wanting to celebrate the arrival of our King.
How about this… Stop beating up others who wish to celebrate the birth of Jesus, our savior and King. The birth and arrival of our savior cannot be separated from His death and resurrection. Angels, kings, and Shepards all celebrated His arrival and spread the good news all over the land. The only one hating it was Herod. Are you on Team Herod or Team Jesus?
Humbug is you who tells anyone to not celebrate God’s greatest gift to us. Giving us all time set aside to reflect on God’s gift and how it has changed us. Do as you wish, but keep it to yourself and stop forcing your Debby Downer meets the Grinch on anyone who wants to celebrate and reflect on the most amazing gift we have ever received.
Christmas is open for ALL to celebrate the birth of our King, and with open arms Christians should accept traditions of celebration that others bring from their celebrations of other good things, and welcome this opportunity to share the Gospel with others during this sacred and loving time devoted to our love for God’s gift to us - the arrival and birth of Jesus!
Merry Christmas!

Richard Armstrong

Ali Noel

This wasn’t his gift This is a pagan ritual. The only reason today is special according to scripture is because it’s Saturday… the sabbath. What is upsetting is the lies you tell yourself so that you can continue to do as YOU please.

Eleesha Henry

In my opinion if Jesus Christ is in your heart one must be of celebrating spirit the whole year not just one day, as Paul wrote " I died every day in Christ " meaning his self and live in Christ Jesus

Ricardo Itza

No one can take prayer away from my children and we celebrate the birth, death and resurrection every day because it’s the key to our salvation. No one can remove God from our hearts but ourselves. Amen

Shane NotBarry Barineau

Richard Armstrong, you are correct Brother. A celebration is a commemoration, a remembrance, something we should never forget. This, to Christians, is the second greatest celebration of our faith, God’s gift of grace. It was told of 700 years in adv… See more

Allen Scott

No one really knows the exact date of Christ’s birth. Christmas is a pagan celebrated by people of tradition. I pray and thank God every day for who He is and for sending His Son so that we can have salvation through Him.

Fatima Green