Iranian authorities bulldozed grave of executed Christian pastor

The grave of the Rev. Hossein Soodmand, the only Iranian pastor confirmed to have been formally sentenced for quitting Islam and then executed by Iran’s regime, was found bulldozed in early December.

This is sad, they are more than cruel .

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. (Matthew 5:10-11 NIV)

1 Like

From the article:
"Shortly before his execution, Soodmand wrote to friends who had fled Iran: “By following the example of the great shepherd of the flock, the Lord Jesus Christ, I am willing to sacrifice my life for my sheep. My escape from these dangers would weaken the flock of God and discourage them. I don’t want to be a bad example to them, so I am ready to go to jail again and, if necessary, even to give my life for them.”

Wow. To have that level of dedication and faith. Well, these cruel people’s bulldozers will NOT be in heaven, and Soodmand will have a glorified body. I hope the family has a Bible they can read that in.