Is believing yourself biblical? The Bible always says believe in God. So is self belief biblical?

Is believing yourself biblical? The Bible always says believe in God. So is self belief biblical?

It’s about order. Believing in God is the base that you get confidence about yourself. Just simply say believing yourself is like holding a tree by cutting its root.

Actually “believing in your self” is the opposite of Biblical.

When I finally stopped believing in myself to answer all questions, solve all problems, figure out all of life, that’s when I made room for God in my life. I had to get done with “self”.

To back up what I am saying, see this:

These are many Bible quotes on “dying to self”. An example of one:

Luke 9:23 ESV / 432 helpful votes
And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

P.S. Our culture in America is very self centered. Because it has lost God, the only thing it has left is self.

1 Like

i think believe in Bible is correct. We should not believe in ourselves.

I think we need to look at what are the grounds for believing in ourselves? If we believe in ourselves on the basis of our experiences, our abilities, then this is not biblical. But if faith in us is based on God’s promise to us, and we rely on that promise to believe that we can do something through the work of the Holy Spirit, then faith has its roots.