Is Child baptism Biblical?

I am a Christian but I don’t like this at all. The child is too young to fully understand. This happened to me, it was a terrifying experience. Everybody yelling at me in a foreign language. Then when I didn’t speak in tongues, being told I didn’t recieve the Holy Spirit and being forced to go through it again and again. Horrendous.

I feel sorry for you.

1 Like

I think baptism is an sybolic event that people receive when they confess Jesus as Christ, so I do not agree with Child Baptism.

I think it is also meaningful, but the more meaningful thing is receiving Jesus as the savior with their whole hearts.

Romans 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Comparing to baptism, having faith in Jesus Christ is more important. Child baptism should not be controlled by adults, but should be from their own willing to accept Jesus Christ as their savior.

Everyone is equal before the Lord. Children could be filled by Holy Spirit, could speak in tongue. The Spirit of the Lord could pour down on everyone, no matter the old or the young.

Joel 2:28 And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

I respect them self if they want to baptism. Speak in tongue that is Holy Spirit’s work.

Sure, I would like do it early, bc Jews will give there child circumcision when he born.

In my opinion, it is not Biblical.
Because our faith is about the regenerated heart, but bodies have no awareness. So I don’t think it is valid.

1 Like

I do not believe in baby baptism. People who believe in hearts and confess with mouth can be saved. Then they take baptism. But certainly babies are not able to do that.

Are we not all Christians. Why bicker amongst yourselves? Not Christian like at all people… Speaking in Tongues is from the Holy Spirit and it’s probably not a language we have heard. God knows the little girl and the people around her and that is all that matters. It is not for us to judge on just a video or anything but so many seem to interpret the bible so differently… Please let us speak with one voice by asking God to help us understand his word…

1 Like

Acts. 16:33 “And was baptized, he and all his, straightway.”

Jesus gave the command to baptize: “…make disciples of all the nations baptizing them…” (Matt. 28:19). This Great Commission answers the question, who is to be baptized. Those who reject Infant Baptism refer to the passage: “He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved.” This passage does not answer the question, who is to be baptized, but rather who will be saved. In His Baptismal command Jesus does not mention the age of those who are to be baptized. For this reason it is not right to deny Baptism to children. Those who deny Baptism to infants make a decisive mistake, when in addition to the general Baptismal command, they seek special commands for Infant Baptism. Because there is a general command that applies to everyone, the rejectors of Infant Baptism should find a passage that forbids the baptizing of infants. The Bible, however, nowhere forbids Infant Baptism. Those who forbid it act like a steward of an estate, who gets a command from the owner to seed all the land. But because the owner did not specifically tell the steward to seed some small fertile strips of the land, he did not seed them.

I thinks its a biblical you can refer on the below details according to a bible " Matthew 3:13-17"

The Baptism of Jesus
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”