Is human nature constant or is it molded by culture?

Is human nature constant or is it molded by culture? Can human nature be completely changed by culture or society?

1 Like

Hello, dear @Valerie
Of course, human nature is molded by the culture and time where you live. We are an ever changing species, you are not the same person you were yesterday, right?
If we think about some extreme examples, in the past the people were very violent, you can say it was by ignorence, but a lot of tragedies happened in the past, the good thing is that humanity has learned about it.
Maybe in another light, how Jesus Christ died? Crucified after a horrendous journey to his dead, it was the tradition and the nature of things at the time… But nowadays we obviously don’t do that.
So yes, the human nature is constantly changing, thanks to the Lord who gave us that ability to think and to learn about our mistakes.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

2 Likes

@Luis_Ruiz I agree with you, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on that. Be blessed.

Yes, I agree.

I think its both Nature and molded by culture. In asian culture, base on my observation some of us choose to live in their parents even though we are already in our right age to marry someone or settle things our of their zoned. So we grow with the nature that we have some and molded by the culture we are getting used too. But in my case some of the culture i filtered it so it can fit in, in my lifestlye.

I also believe that human nature is molded by the world we are living in. There is nothing constant but change. As we journey in life, we grow. Our perspective and behavior changes through time. The difficulties in life sharpens us to be wiser and become stronger than we were yesterday.