Is it important to speak in tongues?

Speaking-in-tongues

Why is it so important for born again Christians to speak in tongues? What does it mean if you cant speak in tongues?

1 Like

There is so much theology involved in this question that it is not very comfortable responding or giving an opinion. There are also denominational issues attached. I would like to address this as simple as I possibly can:

I have friends who I’m sure are Christians and they speak in tongues. Praise God!

I know in my heart that I too am a Christian and I don’t speak in tongues. Praise God!

Hello, dear @Bestill
Great question, I love the kind that makes me think about how to answer and even investigate to make a proper opinion if I really think I have something good to say. In my opinion, and I’m not an expert at all, this is one of the gifts that the Lord has given only to a select few. So it’s not something as important to the common man, because it’s basically unreachable for him, it’s a duty that only a few are chosen by the Lord as a mission to express a message. This does not mean that these people are more wise or special than others, it’s just the path God choose for them. I think this summarizes all: “God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?” 1 Corinthians 12:28-30.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

Speaking in tongues is one of the gifts of the holy spirit. It is a language that can be spoken without being able to learn it and it cannot be understood by any one except if they have gift of interpretation. Not all of us can do it, and I don’t think it means anything. Its just that, we have a different gift. :slight_smile:

I Remember my community helping to my first tongues workshop. i love this one this is a GIFT from our God it sounds crazy to others but its not for those who have faith in him. In this situation the holy spirit is using you . To praise the lord through this Tongues. I miss this one every worship i heard lot of tongues. Im so excited to feel our GOD again. Praise to him. Tongues its not a weird thing its a love of GOD through HOLY Spirit.

God has given each of us a supernatural means of improving ourselves, or building ourselves up spiritually. He has given us a supernatural means of communicating and worshipping Him. But not all our given a chance for this kind of gift.

Speaking in tongues has great benefits to our Christian and our prayer life, and if we will begin to stir it up and use this powerful gift God has given us, I/you/we will soon begin to experience and reap those benefits.

In my opinion there is so many gifts that God gave us. And one of them is speaking in tongues Speaking in tongues is a way to communicate God a song of our spirit longing to our savior Jesus.