Is it proper for christians to watch entertainment programme?

Is it proper for christians to watch entertainment programme?

i think it is because of our hearts. if we have faith, we can. If we think we are sin, we should not watch.

If you can control it, I think it’s not bad.

The Holy Spirit guides me. And my conscience. My conscience KNOWS I should not watch fleshly programmes or things that stir up lust of life or pride of life.

The Holy Spirit makes me cringe or pull away from things I sometimes cannot identify as bad until later.

The best way for me to know what is “proper” for Christians to… fill in the blank, do, say, think, etc. is to renew my mind in the Word of God daily.

Romans 12:2 English Standard Version (ESV)
2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

@Jianqiu

1 Like

1 Corinthians 6:12 Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)

I am free to do anything I want, but some things are not good for me to do. I am free to do anything, but I will not become a slave of anything.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong in the entertainment until and unless it leads to the life unpleasing the Lord, and become too much addicted to that…

Philippians 4:4 King James Version (KJV)
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

I do not think it is healthy to our faith; it is just like junk food to our spirit. We are God’s noble instrument, just as what Apostle Paul said in 2 Timothy 2:21-22, “If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work. Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
And we should think that why we want to watch this? Is it because that we feel boring or empty? Then entertainment programme will not solve our problems but cause more problems; it is the time for us to seeking God, for only God can satisfy our heart. Moreover, if we have time to watch entertainment programme, why do not we use to this time to seek God and do things pleasing to God? Come on, we have limited life; if we waste our time like this, someday when we come before God we will feel shameful about this.

1 Like

Amen!

1 Like

Amen

1 Like

If it is something really temptated you, have to pray and overcome. Actually if we are spiritually healthy, we have no much desire to watch those things. But if we can distinguish well, sometimes we felt we want to knew some situation of this world, we can watch and we can control, the motive is different.

@Timothy_Chen May God bless you for your thoughtful reply.
In your words I saw the couple of hours last week where I was tired and thought that playing a game would rest me. It made me slow and stupid. It did not fill me up. I know this because the Word of God sharpens me and fills me to overflowing.
Oh that we would taste of the Lord and see that He is good. Then long for Him and Him alone forever.