Is it right for a church to kick out a faithful church member becoz they committed a sin?

Friends I have a question for you. Is it right for a church to kick out a faithful church member becoz they committed a sin?

1 Corinthians 5 English Standard Version (ESV)
Sexual Immorality Defiles the Church
5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father’s wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.

3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. 4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.[a]

6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church[b] whom you are to judge? 13 God judges[c] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

Its right if the intention is right, If the purpose is to correct that person

1 Like

Dealing With Sin in the Church, Matt 18
15 “If your brother or sister[b] sins,[c] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven.

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

this depnd on their sin. i think if they do bad things, Paul also said they should repent and change their lives. If they refused, they need be get out.

I think we should obey the rule of dealing with people who committed a sin according to Matthew 18:15-17.

Its a great topic for some churches or community.

Let me bring this topic up again.

I think its not a reason for us to kick out a member of the community or church whether is faithful or not. Think of this God is so merciful that even we did a same sins everyday he will also bless us more than enough (Base on my own experience)
Going Back to the topic we must correct that person in a loving way.
Hate the Sin not the Sinner. Its hard and also complicated. But if we have faith we can understand this just like how God understand our sins.

It is natural for us human beings to sin. From our sins, we too learn a lot of lessons in life. I do not think it was right for them to kick him out of the church. The church is a place to praise the Lord and I believe that everyone, regardless of what they have done, is welcome in the church.

1 Like

Same as @kianna, I also do not think that it was right to kick him. The church should be a place where everyone can go to and pray to God to ask for forgiveness. We are not made sinful but we are made with God’s pure love and we should not deny anyone that wants to be close to God.