Is the Devil Responsible for All the Evil in the World?

Is the devil responsible for all the evil in the world? If he is, why didn’t God just destroy the devil before he had a chance to do so much evil? Or do we know?

Satan brought evil into the world, and he’s still working behind the scenes to cause chaos and death. But we can’t blame Satan for everything; we too are responsible! We have rebelled against God—and every day, our rebellion continues. Sin—like a deadly virus—has invaded our hearts and lives, causing us to turn away from God. The Bible warns, “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure” (Jeremiah 17:9).

The Devil is not responsible for all evil. Coz God created humans with the capacity to choose between doing good and doing bad. (Joshua 24:15) When we make poor choices, we reap bad consequences.—Galatians 6:7, 8.

No. Regardless of the various external sources of temptation (Satan and the world), the final source is our own sinful nature or the lusts of self-centered desires of our own hearts (Jam. 1:14-15).

1 Like

Genesis 3
11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”
12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Here we see Adam and Eve delegated the responsibility. Obviously, God didn’t accept this fully. So He punished Adam, Eve and the Devil together.

I think the Devil is responsible for all the evil things in the world, but we can’t blame all the responsibilities to devils. Devils take apart in all the evil things in the world through giving people evil thoughts and tempt people to do something bad for themselves and others. But human also has their free will, they can choose to follow the evil thoughts or not.

God respects all our choice. Even there is no devil, sinners will also choose to sin. The problem is sin in people’s heart.

Satan is the ruler of the world. In John 14:30 Jesus said that, “I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me.”
Revelation 12: 3Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born.
A third of angels are ruled by Satan.
But God will not use violence to destroy the evil, because violence can not change life, only LOVE can.
God will judge the world finally. What we should do now is to preach the gospel and to live out the gospel.