Is there a reason why Jesus teaches to love your enemies like God does?

Is there a reason why Jesus teaches to love your enemies like God does? I think
I have some…but would love to hear yours.

Luis R. Feliz

For me!,because we are Christians and we must be like Christ Jesus constantly loving and forgiving them, killing them with kindness making them our footstool

Foncella Lewis

I believe Jesus wants our heart to be in his image not like man image don’t you know it would be hard to care for anyone who is your enemy and plus it stops the connection with God with a puffed up heart

Elsie Kirkley

There is always a reason God instructs us to do something. Sometimes we understand why, other times we don’t. We should believe that what ever it is, it is for our own good and to glorify God. The word says the Kingdom of Heaven are for people who believe like children, and I think that should be our outlook on everything the Lord instructs us to do. If however we struggle with obeying, something we all do, Jesus came to die on a cross for our inequities, and he was raised as proof that we are forgiven.

Paul S B Mouton

Luis R. Feliz, Jesus told us to forgive as the Father has forgiven us. If we cannot forgive how do we expect to be forgiven, even though we know we don’t deserve it, but He loves us so much. God bless you and may His grace shine upon you.

Allen Scott