Is there any recording about dinosaurs in the Holy Bible?

How we explain it?

I haven’t yet found the recording in the Bible :joy:

1 Like

The Bible describes a couple of creatures in a way that some scholars believe the writers may have been describing dinosaurs. The behemoth is said to be the mightiest of all God’s creatures, a giant whose tail is likened to a cedar tree (Job 40:15). Some scholars have tried to identify the behemoth as either an elephant or a hippopotamus. Others point out that elephants and hippopotamuses have very thin tails, nothing comparable to a cedar tree. Dinosaurs like the brachiosaurus and the diplodocus, on the other hand, had huge tails which could easily be compared to a cedar tree.

1 Like

There has been much discussion on the topic specifically involving verses in Job 40-41. Job is considered to be the oldest book of the Bible. Scholars, in studying Job’s longevity (he lived up to 140 years), descriptions of his wealth and household, believe he was most likely alive after the time of Noah, but before the time of Abraham.

Behemoth: Job 40
Job 40:15-24 speaks of a “behemoth.” No one is really sure what it is, but read its description.

15 “Look now at the behemoth,which I made along with you; he eats grass like an ox.
16 See now, his strength is in his hips, and his power is in his stomach muscles.
17 He moves his tail like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.
18 His bones are like beams of bronze, his ribs like bars of iron.
19 He is the first of the ways of God; only He who made him can bring near His sword.
20 Surely the mountains yield food for him, and all the beasts of the field play there.
21 He lies under the lotus trees, in a covert of reeds and marsh.
22 The lotus trees cover him with their shade; the willows by the brook surround him.
23 Indeed the river may rage, yet he is not disturbed; he is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth,
24 Though he takes it in his eyes, or one pierces his nose with a snare."

The way the “behemoth” is described, doesn’t it almost sound like a dinosaur? Perhaps one of the sauropods? Some will argue these verses are referring to the hippopotamus or elephant. However, they run into the problem of explaining verse 17, since the tails of both animals are…well, far from looking like a cedar tree (let alone moving like one). Their tails more resemble switches.

1 Like

The Bible is not the book of science nor history. It is beyond them, not againsts them.

I read the Holy Bible more than 10 times. I never found any scripture related to dinosaurs. Actually there are too many things that the Bible doesn’t record it. Because God give us the Bible mainly to let us focus on our Spiritual life rather than encyclopedia.

the Bible doesn’t record clearly about dinosaurs. I am also not sure.

Please see this: it both supports your faith and Spiritual life and shows real examples you somehow missed in your 10 readings. Hey, that still happens to me! :grinning:

This has already been posted under this question. You probably just didn’t see it.

Read that article! The link is in my reply to @riverside

It includes and goes beyond. :slight_smile: It does not merely skip over science and history. In fact, just to make a point, the Israelites knew more about anatomy than most American’s who’ve taken the course! If you don’t think so, read Exodus!

To be honest, I do not know and I cannot fine it.

However, God care about us more than dinosaurs. Even if there is no dinosaurs record in the bible, God is still the creator of all the creatures, and everything he does is for the benifit of people.

I did not find a direct recording about dinosaurs in Bible.
I think this is not the focus of bible. the focus of bible is human’s faith. It is the salvation of God and relationship between God and human, not science or archaeology.