Is there such a thing as predestination in Christianity?

How do you reconcile the idea that God has planned things out against God’s gift of free will?

Our God is sovereign and yet He gave us free will. That’s what I love and so amazed with this God.the free will that He gave us. He gave HIS only son without any assurance that all humans will accept Him as Lord and Savior because of the free will that He gave.

I also don’t want to be dictated or not having free will in any relationship. I appreciate the free will of GOD. It is so risky on His part but still he gave us the freewill. When I love God out of freewill because I am really draw to HIS great love.

He gave us the free will to choose as what says in Deuteronomy 30:19-20
19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

We have a choice. But I always pray the we choose God always.