Isn't arrogant to say Christianity is the only way to God?

There are so many philosophies of life. Why Christianity is the only way? And isn’t too arrogant to make such claims?

Rather, it is arrogant to believe that we, the creatures made by the Only Living God who created heaven, earth and all that is in them, should think that we can somehow create philosophies or religions that replace Him.

See 1 Samuel 15:22-23

1 Like

Thank you Sunami. But would you mind elaborating you answer from arguments outside Christianity or some logical arguments? Though your point is good I think that you start your argument from the assumption that Christianity is already true. How do you establish this truth from the standpoint of a non believer?

Hi @Alexander-N you wrote “I think that you start your argument from the assumption that Christianity is already true.”

Absolutely I do. If you would like to understand how I would establish this truth from the standpoint of a non believer, we can start with a question.

Do you think you are a good person?

I think I am a good person :slight_smile:

Congratulations! @Alexander-N :smile: I rarely hear a person say they think they are “bad” people. So you have told the truth, and I appreciate it so we can get on with an example. So let’s run a quick test to see if you really are a good person.

The reason I asked if you consider yourself a good person is because you have pointed out something very important. How is anyone to understand these things unless someone helps them with them? (You could just read the Bible and learn far more than I can pass on, but we can start from here.)

Without giving any specifics, just answer yes or no to the following questions:

1. Have you ever lied, even once? (what do you call someone who lies?)
  2. Have you ever stolen, no matter how small a thing? (what do you call someone who steals?)
  3. Have you ever used God’s name as a cuss word? (this is called blasphemy)
  4. Jesus said “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." (Matthew 5:27-28) So, have you ever looked in lust at a person?

Now that you have your answers, the reason for these questions is a quick check to see if you are, indeed, a good person. I only covered 4 out of 10 of the Ten Commandments.
If you are like every other person on the planet, you have broken all 4 and perhaps, like me, you’ve broken all 10 Commandments more times than you can count.

Clarity: Just because a person is saved does not mean they do not sin. Anyone who says they don’t sin is a liar. (1 John 1:8)

IF (big if here) Christianity according to the Bible is true, then what is said in Hebrews 9:27 “Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,”, then we will all face a HOLY and RIGHTEOUS GOD for judgment. Since the Ten Commandments are His law, will you be guilty or innocent? And would you go to Heaven or hell? Why?

I’ll give you a chance to think about this and answer back. I’m asking you to suspend your disbelief as you would when sitting down to read a novel (fiction) just to help make this understandable. There is a reason for it.

I prefer saying, ‘Jesus is the only way to God’. People couldn’t save people, only Jesus can save us. He is the only way, only through Jesus, we can come before God.

Why would I believe in the bible anyway @Sunami_Carpenter? There are so many other religions offer good teachings too. Why should I measure my life if it is right or wrong based on the 10 commandments?

1 Like

Because, @Alexander-N

The God of Israel is the only Living God on the planet or in the stars. You can pray all you want to the other gods you mentioned and you will be left to your own devices, because they are not gods, they are man-made machinations of god. Like the idols of the Old Testament, a wooden image nailed to hold it in place is not exactly going to demand anything of you, nor can it judge you and send you to heaven or hell.

1 Like

@Alexander-N Hi, I think you are not being arrogant if you are just saying the absolute truth. You are just being just. Everyone should know about the truth John 14:6 I hope and pray that all of the persons in the world can have a revelation about who God is. I experienced that already and it just strengthened my belief on God. If every person can experience the same experience i had with God. Then they can actually believe and state the absolute truth but the key here is still on the person because of the freewill given.

@Sunami_Carpenter I appreciate your patient responses. But why would I believe that God of the bible is true? and why would I believe in heaven and hell?

If you would take a look at my last question I was asking why should I believe in the bible?

But your answer was again from Bible. Why should I believe the bible is true and follow it?

@cocoyoongie What do you mean by absolute truth? Does absolute truth even exist?

I appreciate your replies.

I’m curious as to why you are here and asking this. The reason I am curious about this is because it appears to me that you have already made up your mind to NOT believe in the Bible.

@Alexander-N would that be a fair statement?

@Alexander-N John 14:6 is the absolute truth. All about God, that is the absolute truth. Read it

1 Like