It is well with my soul

Reflection from Nina Laird-Fusilli

Paul of the New Testament came to know the peace of God which surpasses all understanding.
His life was one of extreme hardship. He was often persecuted, or in prison because of His stand for Jesus Christ.

It is said that he wrote most of the books of the New Testament while he was incarcerated.
Yet, the books he authored were quite encouraging and uplifting.
As we struggle just making it through a bad day, One can wonder how Paul did it.
I believe the key was his total dependence on The Lord.
Paul had no other choice but rely solely on God to get him through the dark times. He had nothing else.

Desperation can be a precursor to building faith.
As we endure the hard times, I pray we hold fast to The Word, and cling to The Lord who will provide strength and our answers in due season.
“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.”

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this reflection, @Brady! It is a reminder that we have to totally depend on God with all our hearts. He is a well provider, he knows what we need but he gives beyond what we ask from Him. Bad days are always there but so is God. Through Him, we are already victorious because He will never let us down.