It’s so strange to me that Jesus wasn’t able to be recognized immediately when He was resurrected…why do you think that was?

It’s so strange to me that Jesus wasn’t able to be recognized immediately when He was resurrected…why do you think that was?

John L F Beam IV

According to the earliest manuscripts, Mark didn’t even record anything after the death of Jesus. Last verse of his Gospel stated the two women fled the empty tomb in fear. This is a very clear explanation for this , but the admins would kick me out of the group for saying so.

Jeffery Blakeley

To my mind, the logic is bcoz how he must have looked in his last 24 hours or so, being extremely haggard, sleepless after last supper, in deep anguish at the garden of gethsemane, tortured & cucified, a dead body, such was the image, horrific & their minds were terrified as well for their own lives. BUT! AS ACCORDING TO ST. PAUL WE SHALL HAVE A “RESURRECTED” BODY THAT IS FAR EXCELLENT, FIT FOR HEAVENLY REALITY, THEREFORE, JESUS AS THEY LAST SAW HIM WAS AN IMAGE FAR DIFFERENT, AS HIS RESURRECTED BODY HAS NOW AN OTHER WORLDLY QUALITY! HE CAN APPEAR TO THEM FULL BODIED “IN THE FLESH” YET WALKED INTO THE ROOM THAT WAS LOCKED AS THEY WERE HIDING INSIDE, AWAY FROM HUMAN EYES. HOW DID HIS BODY GET IN? HE WALKS THROUGH WALLS! WHO CAN FATHOM THAT? HIS BODY WAS REAL, HE EVEN SHOWED THOMAS HIS WOUNDS! AT ONE TIME HE ATE WITH THEM! HOW CAN OUR HUMAN MIND COMPREHEND? HAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAA! OH WELL… WE ARE MERE MORTALS, IN THIS TEMPORAL STATE OF A FALLEN NATURE & A MATERIAL WORLD THAT WE SHALL LEAVE BEHIND. NOT EVEN OUR EARTHLY BODY WILL GO WITH US, WE LEAVE AS WE CAME, NAKED & WITH NOTHING. AH! HUMAN BEINGS THAT WE ARE… WE CAN’T KNOW AS MUCH AS WE WANT TO. WE ARE WHO WE ARE, EARTHLY CREATURES WHO ARE PART OF GOD’S CREATION. THIS IS MERE SUGGESTION : LETS NOT OVERTHINK WHAT WE VAN’T FIND AN ANSWER TO, ACCORDING TO OUR LIMITED HUMAN CAPACITY. LETS “WALK BY FAITH” & IN THE WORDS OF A WISE DOCTOR REMMBER THAT “WE ARE SPIRITUAL BEINGS HAVING A HUMAN EXPERIENCE.” WE NEED THE GUIDANCE & PRESENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AS WE LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH & PRAY. ALELUAH!

Marie Grace Antonio

The KING OF KINGS will soon return ; for those who are watching for HIM ! Will you recognize HIM ?

Ronnie Fisher

Imagine the tremendous amount of stress He was under during the months weeks and days leading up to the crucifixion…That kind of stress takes a toll on every part of the human body inside and out. It surely would have affected His physical appearance… Grey hairs, wrinkled skin, dark circles under the eyes, etc. etc. etc.I would expect that being regenerated from the dead would reverse all of that and He would look like a completely different person…

August Iorio

New body probably also when crucified the Bible says beating was so bad couldn’t recognize Him as a human

Elizabeth Turner

He is God. He can take on any human form.

Angela Simms

Because people thought he was dead and gone. They didn’t believe in the resurrection

Matt Harward

People often don’t recognize others outside of their work. This could be the reason. Jesus physically ate food so I don’t’ think he was this glowing spirit. He was physical but also something else too

Johnny John

1 Like

Jesus resurrected on His glorified body. His appearance would be slightly altered, but He also clicked his identify for His own purpose.

Nancy Smith-Williams

BCOZ THE MAN IN IMMAUS IS NOT THE REAL JESUS…IT A MAN WHO SPEAK JESUS MESSAGES. THOSE WHO OBEY JESUS MESSAGES WILL BECOME CHRIST LIKE.

Rosalinda Pineda

all done in Gods timing and plan. just because Gid does something this way or that way to bring about his plan does not mean it is permanent for all eternity.

Tony Lassiter