Iv always wondered, Do you have to be baptized in order to go to heaven?

Iv always wondered, Do you have to be baptized in order to go to heaven?

Samantha Campbell

1 Like

No, and you don’t have to go to church to be saved either, but if you are a born again believer you desire these things. If you do not desire to be baptized, that could be a sign that you aren’t saved.

Patti Thomas

No. Consider your relationship with Jesus like a marriage. (The bible refers to us, the church, his bride) If you get married but don’t wear a wedding ring are you still married? Baptism is a public display.

Curtis Creel

You don’t have to be baptized. The scripture says that Jesus is sufficient. If you accept Him as your Lord and Saviour, you are baptized in the Holy Spirit. That’s what you need, not water.

Mary Carlson

That would be works. Believing in Jesus Christ as your Savior accepting His free gift of salvation is the only way you get to Heaven, that is what being born again means.Baptism is an outward act of a changed heart.

Sherry Maxwell

Why would you want a car but not drive it? Why would you want a relationship with Jesus but not have the best relationship possible. So to answer your question, Jesus was Baptized. Be like Jesus. Don’t listen to the religion. You are given the gift of the holy spirit when you’re Baptized. Looking back. It was the best day of my life.

Devin Greil

Baptised in the Holy Spirit Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.John 3:5 ESV

Renansito Palomares

Water baptism? No. Salvation is by Grace through Faith in Christ. Water baptism is however something an already discipled convert does.

Andrew Smoke

Only faith in the Messiah Yahusha knowing that he died on the cross for our sins it’s the only way into heaven accepting him as our Lord and savior it’s the way into heaven thank Yahuah for his love Mercy and Grace

Aaron Martin Bohannon

No, there is nothing we can do to be saved. We just believe in Him, tell others what He’s done for you, love Him and do your best to love and forgive. Him dying for you should make you want to live right, and good. Salvation is very simple… who so ever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life. I’ve been baptized, a couple times. But I didn’t know what it was really. I do now ! But I don’t need to go under again, just start walking like you KNOW Jesus died for you . Love Him for it

Janine Fuegmann

No. Baptism is NOT a requirement. As Christians, baptism is following the example of Jesus when he was baptized by John. It is symbolic that we die to our old self, and are risen to new life in Christ As a witness to others.

Lin Sons

Water baptism is a requirement for heaven.It’s part of the roles of great commission.You can’t be born of spirit alone, you need to be born of water as a sign that you have accepted Christ death and ressurection.Please stop preaching bias gospel.Salvation is total…Baptise them in the name of Jesus Christ., Father and the Holy Spirit.Those who have not received water baptism you have not accepted Jesus fully and you are lukewarm christians.GO GET BAPTISM OF WATER NOW.

Gerald Mwansa