I've had sex, and Jesus still loves me ?!

Luke P warns Hannah that she can’t be having sex with the other guys, which gives our Bachelorette the clarity she needs to finally send him home!
The latest season of “The Bachelorette” laid bare a widespread practice among Christians — premarital sex.

2 Likes

An opinion article recommend to you also

‘The Bachelorette’ and the widespread practice of premarital sex among Christians

1 Like

Every sin has its own consequences

Thank you so much for sharing this. I was able to share it with a family member who is trying to find Bible verses that are clear on the subject. There are a lot of them, but often the word “fornication” is not used today, as our culture (which I bowed to for almost 56 years) doesn’t see anything wrong or even unlawful (the law of two consenting adults). So no one uses this word anymore.

As though God’s Word can go out of style. Language changes, God does not.

True.

Consequences for “sleeping around” that I have paid I’d give my left arm to not have.

I’m older, just turned 59, and as we all know, hindsight is perfect (20/20).
I’m not sharing this to judge as I CANNOT judge. I dare not judge. Not after all I did, having been taught by my parents that God frowned on all of it - at least by their words.

The worst of my consequences by far are the four abortions I had: 3 that I chose, and one that was medically forced on me.

I had the blood of my own innocent children that God blessed me with on my hands. Is there any more innocent blood than that of an unborn child?

And if anyone reading this is wondering, yes, I used birth control.

I used two types at once because they didn’t seem to be working. I finally went to a fertility clinic and the result of many many tests, interviews, forms, etc. was this: the female Doctor explained to me that if I got married at 18 years old and used the BEST birth control pill on the market, ALWAYS took it – and always at the same time every day, in 10 years I would have 10 children!

She said if I use 3 types of birth control at once, I would have a 50/50 chance of getting pregnant. I was what they used to call the proverbial “Fertile Myrtle”. Boy did I think that was some wacko joke. I did not believe in childhood and never even dreamed of having a child. It seemed to me that my body was warring against me. Little did I know that God gives children as a blessing! This all happened when I was still lost, obviously.

Has God forgiven me? Yes. I believe He has. Were I in the position of a younger person today considering dating and marriage, and being saved, I would look into the Bible and study this very seriously. I would want to know what God thinks, not what people think. Because as a saved Christian my life should be for Christ, not for the cheers of other human beings or for myself.

How to do that? I’m afraid you’ll have to ask someone who has done that successfully. Perhaps a couple who have been married since they were young and are still married a couple of decades later who are truly saved, Bible-believing Christians.

@Sunami_Carpenter It does not matter whether our past is so dark and cruel, what matters is God welcomes a sinner who repents open arms. I’m sorry to know that you have been through a very tough life. You must learn from your mistakes because you have chosen those experiences that happened to you. Right now the moral of it is to follow the steps that God has walked through. It will lead us to Him (John 14:6)

1 Like

@cocoyoongie God bless you. And thank you so much. I needed your words this morning.:heart:

1 Like

Yes I believe its a yes. We are all sinners, we are making the same mistakes sometimes. But Still Jesus Loves us. He is waiting on us. Even though we hurt him or we judge someone still he will still on our side taking care of us. We need to embrace what is the message of our Lord. Be Brave.

Yes Jesus is still loves you we are all make mistakes in life but God still love us we are not deserving for that love but He choose to love us. If you commit sin dont back to it repent and dont back anymore because God is hurting if you going back to sin again.