Jesus, there's something about that name!

poem from: Nina Laird-Fusilli

How about that Jesus?
He takes who the world calls foolish,
And makes us into someone who matters,
Life shatters,
But our Savior builds.
We empty, He fills.
I am a former failure
Until Jesus came my way,
I am feeling free,
I am feeling saved.
He picked me up,
Gave me love.
Helped me see
The good in me.
Oh my Jesus,
How great you are with us.
You love us all the same,
We are all Your favorites,
Even who the world’s rejects;
Jesus, there’s something about that name!

Great names come and go, but the name of Jesus remains. The devil still hates it, the world still opposes it, but God still blesses it and we can still claim it! “In the name of Jesus” is the key that unlocks the door of prayer and the treasury of God’s grace. It’s the weapon that defeats the enemy and the motivation that compels our sacrifice and service. It’s the name that causes our hearts to rejoice and our lips to sing his praise.

Hello, dear @Zoey
What a wonderful poem by Nina, I love it so much. I liked the fact that she made, unconsciously or not, the center of the poem how Jesus is the contrary to us. Each of us, humans, are directed by sin and we constantly fight between each others, but Jesus, he’s the contrary he gives meaning, love and freedom to us. He’s directed by love only. Imagine if we were a little like him.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

The name Jesus means, “Jehovah Is Salvation.” This precious, sweet name reveals a side of Jesus that many fail to grasp. While God is a God of wrath and judgment, He is purely and wholly love, 1 John 4:8; 16. God is love and everything He does is an outgrowth and an expression of His love. Therefore, when the Father sent Jesus to come into the world, He was sending a message to humanity. It was a message that said, “I have not forgotten, nor forsaken you. I love you and I give you my Son who will reveal me to you.” (John 14:9)