June 22nd: Verse of the Day

Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”

John 14:21 (NLT)

1 Like

Loving the Lord God would mean to respect His commandments, respect His word and His plans. To love Him is not only to say you do but to put it in action. Show Him you love and respect Him. Before making any actions or decision, put in mind how Christ will feel about it. Let us love our Lord and Savior.

Hello, dear @kianna
Lovely verse today… I feel that these can be resumed in a simple term: “fear of God”. While on the dictionary by which are accustomed to, fear is related with danger and crisis, fear can be associated with deep respect for someone else. This is the true meaning of it, because being a christian and loving God is not only saying it, is following with actions, and God himself gave us a guide to it! So there are no excuses!
May God bless you!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

1 Like

Indeed, we have such a loving God. He did not only give us commandments, but also He gave us a guide in living our lives. Sin is in our nature but with God we can avoid them and we always have the Bible to help us understand more and build a stronger relationship with Christ.

2 Likes

Hello, dear @kianna
Exactly… And people find it hard, I mean God gavw us the rules and a guide to living! What’s the matter then? We constantly stay by the rules when playing a game, or when cooking, and even living. Why follow only the rules imposed by man, and not the ones by our Father Creator? It’s not that hard! Only then we will purge sin from our system in a true way.

1 Like

Indeed @kianna I love your verse of the day.
I remember also the verse in John 14:23

Jesus said to his disciples: “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.” John 14:23

It’s interesting that the love of God appears to be consistent upon our love of Him. In other words, does God only love us when we love Him first? Strictly speaking, God loves us with a perfect love regardless of whether we love Him or not.

1 Like

Maybe because people have not yet seen the consequences of their actions. Usually that is why people abide to the rules because they are scared to face the consequences. In terms of laws made by man,you’ll meet the consequences right away, for example go to jail. They do not see how heavy the consequences may be when you deal with the Lord’s law. I just hope it is not too late for them to realize that.

1 Like

We have a very understanding God. We get lost sometimes most especially those people who were born with different beliefs. They didn’t choose to be born in that type of surrounding. So I am certain that the Lord loves us regardless of whether we love Him or not.

1 Like

Hello, dear @kianna
Yes… People tend to act better when they see the punishment that comes after… But that’s to babies or animals, as adults that think, I really think people should be able to see the bigger picture. I mean, that’s a virtue in itself, God could be much more strict and authoritarian, but he chooses not so we can have the freedom of choice to follow him, that the most purest form of love…

1 Like

Indeed, with that freedom of choice, you can really see who genuinely cares and respects the Lord God. It shows who the real ones are.

1 Like

Hello, dear @kianna
Yes it shows the real ones, you couldn’t have said it better. God gave us that choice because he wants that we look for him by our own volition. It’s funny because the so called “atheist”, disregard God because of this reason, but I can bet that when difficult times come, they start to pray non stop. We should look for God all the time!

1 Like

True, @Luis_Ruiz. It is very easy to say “I don’t need God” or “I did all of these by myself” but time will come that you can no longer handle things by yourself and you’ll seek His help.