Learning How to Control My Emotions

As I was reading a plan on the Bible app, I read this line concerning emotions “Think about your negative emotions like a grenade. You can either pull the pin and have your emotions explode all over the place, destroying you and all of those around you, or you can hand these emotional grenades over to God and let Him defuse how you’re feeling.” It really made perfect sense and slowly, I am learning how to control my negative emotions. Before, whenever I get mad, I burst and say negative things to people. But with the Lord’s good grace, here I am, happy and a bit wiser. Quite proud of myself, how I managed to control my emotions.

Hi there @kianna, I am happy reading your testimony and bit proud of you because you can now control your temper. I am also happy that your spiritual relationship with God grows better and stronger each day, continue to keep it up. God bless you in all your endevours! :blush:

1 Like

Hello, dear @kianna
Congratulations!! This is the mantra by which you should live your life, not only your bad emotions, the good ones too! Remember that if you put everything about yourself in the hands of God he will guide you in the best way possible. If course this doesn’t mean you don’t have to take action, but it means that he will bless you and give you the insight you need to take the best decision even if you don’t know it at the time.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

Hi there, @Luis_Ruiz! Thank you so much! It was very hard at first, I feel like I was going to explode! lol But with God’s goodness, nothing really is impossible! God bless you!

Awe, thank you so so much, @MakkaPakka! I really applied all of the advice you and the rest of the people in this community gave me whenever I had problems. Very much thankful also to you guys for guiding me on my journey! God bless you!

@kianna: no worries dear… Although sometimes we cannot control our emotions and burst out easily, still we have to remember to count 1 2 3 to feel calm and inhale and exhale many times to avoid harsh arguments. Sometimes we can’t control our temper especially if the anger is hidden for so long. :blush:

1 Like

Yes, @MakkaPakka. Actually I have been trying to like count whenever I get mad or upset. Which I guess is working, I have been kind now whenever I handle harsh situations. :blush: :yellow_heart:

@kianna: control your temper dear as you can’t go out as of this moment to buy for our common comfort food and things…haha! Well lately, I’ve been pissed off but I’m fine now as I was able to buy a new cake pan.:grin::grin::grin: I’ll turn my negative emotions though baking starting this month so I can be productive; even if I am still a newbie for this kind of stuffs.

1 Like

Awww that is amazing! Lol, I was planning that I would learn how to bake this summer. Planned it before this pandemic. But unfortunately, I cannot do that right now. Anyways, enjoy your baking! :blush: :yellow_heart: