Lord, I thank you

I had a pause of growing in Jesus three, four weeks ago, I pray, even though struggling on it, Word seems not work effectively on it…

Faith radio, online sermons, walk in the nature full of beautiful trees, flowers, colorful evening cloud on clear sky, trying to feel the Lord by immersing in the Lord’s creature, but things does not work well. I feel I am trapped in a “jail”.

There were several new kids moved to the community where I am in several weeks ago, 3, 5, 6,7 years old, different age they seem in. They ride scooters by me when I walk through the community, the girls, they chasing one after the another, laughing, some small of them, swimming in the pool with parents, fellows kids.

“See, how joyful, cheerful they are,” It seems God conveying to me, “People are not happy, cause they chasing enjoyable things, they forget what I already give to them, ”

I must say “yes” to this saying, I will repent, and return to God, and always give thanks to Him. Only by thanksgiving I can enter his house.

Psalms 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

2 Likes

Hello, dear @Ma_Josephine
I liked your reflection… Some times we can feel lost, it’s natural, especially when dealing with difficulties or problems (big or little) everyone faces them in a different way. What’s true is that the only way to triumph against them is with the Lord strength, he gives it to us even if we don’t ask or notice, you could say you saw it on the childrens, that’s we need to be always grateful because the Lord is the reason of our smiles!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

Giving thanks for all things is an act of faith. When we are going through hard things, we can’t see how God is working them for good. So we must trust his word and promises, and rejoice and give thanks. We don’t have to give thanks for the evil in the situation, but we can thank God that he is with us, he is protecting and keeping us, and he is using it for our good. At times I have “rejoiced” and given thanks through tears, yet I know God loves me and is in control.

We are to be thankful for who God is. “He is good; His love endures forever” (1 Chronicles 16:34). He is “faithful and just” (1 John 1:9).
Training our hearts to be thankful does many good things. It gives credit where credit is due. It keeps us from bitterness, arrogance and discouragement. It protects us from letting our lives be defined by what we don’t have. It keeps us humble and reminds us of our need for God.

Hello @Ma_Josephine
I am so blessed with your reflection, truly that there is JOY in serving Jesus.
Thanking the Lord in all circumstances is that we acknowledge that we are nothing if God is not with us. Showing of submission that we will do whatever He wants us to do, and in return he will bless us bountifully and also he will bless us the fruit of the spirit. THANK YOU LORD FOR EVERYTHING YOU’VE DONE EVENTHOUGH IM NOT WORTHY OF THOSE

1 Like

Any time of the year it is good to be thankful to God. We tend to rush around too much, not slowing our pace long enough to be thankful to God for all that He has done. When we do, we find our stress melting away. How often we ask God for something without ever stopping to thank Him.