LOVE SONGS

i loved hearing love songs from our local artist, now just want to ask is it good to play love song rather than gospel songs? im pertaining to the typical love song -when you are in love?
why am i asking these? because ive heard some friends that it is part of the secular songs? is it true? just getting some opinion?

2 Likes

In my own opinion I find nothing wrong about love songs GENERALLY. Maybe it can be considered a secular song if there are something in the lyrics that would make it secular, it depends again on how you interpret the lyrics of the song. But for me, I see nothing wrong with love songs, I even enjoy it from time to time.

2 Likes

THANK YOU

hi @bosch just like @kianna personally, there’s nothing wrong about listening love songs ,( or any genre) as long as you are HAPPY.
God is not a selfish God, He doesn’t want us to be sad. God provide us the talent to make best rhythms harmonies to make best music He even commands us to make a “JOYFUL NOISE” every music that glorifies HIM according to what you believe is PRAISE. " Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing."

So sing, play the loveliest genre you ever know. Sharing my favorite love song, Spend my life with you (Shanice and Eric Benett)

3 Likes

Listening to the music will change our mood. I love to hear music like love songs, worship songs, instrumental music and ballad songs. Songs gives me peace and it helps me also to be industrious on my chores in the house.:grin:

I remember in his letter to the Colossians, the apostle Paul reminded the congregation to “let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs” (3:16). As we heard the songs in the Church we can meditate each word in the song and imagine ourselves in the situation while listening to the message of music. :musical_note::notes::heart::musical_score:

Good day sir @bosch for me personally there is nothing wrong if we Christians would listen to love songs. But there is a very thin line for us to be careful as to the content and the intentions. Based on the scripture in Philippians 4:8 “Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable.” We should base our selection of love songs with this. We should also put in mind that though we love our partners here and they serve as our inspiration, who comes first and should be our ultimate love is our Father in Heaven.

1 Like

Hello, dear @bosch
I think you giving it too much thoughts about the matter, love songs are just that: songs!
Provided that the song has not bad connotation or bad lyrics there’s nothing wrong about you enjoying it! Maybe you can consider it secular, but provided that you are not leaving the Lord behind and see it just as a hobby it’s okay.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

Hi @bosch! I agree with them, there is nothing wrong with listening to love songs. Listening to these type of songs gives us positive vibes. It makes our heart dance to the beat of the music. I think that as long as it fills us with love and positivity, it’s totally okay.

I love Musics as well, My Fav. Cover of a Specific song is Acoustic. I love how they play the song. Its so relaxing. I love also the Acoustic version of Gospel Song. If you Music and it makes you feel Good Go for it. But you can also explore a worships songs. Worship song is a prayer also. Technically if you are listening with all of your heart i can say that you are praying to our God too. Either Song can make you feel better. But in my own experience to make myself calm when i get angry i always listen to a worship songs.

Yes, I agree with you, @IamRichardJohn! We have to be very careful because some songs do hide a very dark meaning. There is nothing wrong about being cautious, most definitely if there are little ones listening, too.

1 Like

I love listening to music depending on my mood. We have this kinda thing that we would like to do in response to what we are feeling. If we feeling sad then we mostly like to listen sad song. if we’re feeling in love then listen to love songs.