Megachurch pastor says ‘thousands’ of evangelicals angry with Trump impeachment inquiry, ‘will cause a civil war-like fracture’

Megachurch Pastor Robert Jeffress has dismissed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for asking the nation to be “prayerful” about an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, which he says has angered “thousands” of evangelicals and “will cause a civil war-like fracture in this nation from which this country will never heal.”

I have a hard time believing that these “warlike” threats would come from true children of God.

James 1:19-20 English Standard Version (ESV)
19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

We are to PRAY for leaders (yes, even harsh ones, or ones we don’t like or those we do, it matters not) so that we might lead peaceful and quiet lives.

1 Timothy 2:1-3 English Standard Version (ESV)
2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,

Feel free to read either of these quotes in context.