Money is Evil?

Money is not owned by individuals, money comes from god, and it is god’s will that everyone should share it with those who really need it. John Wesley has written more than two hundred and thirty books in his life, with a total of over thirty thousand pounds. In addition to a small portion of his family’s life, he has donated all of it to the more difficult groups and the general poor. Wesleyan John said, “if a preacher wants to gather money, he will hold fire in his arms, and he will set himself on fire!”
Conclusion: money is not omnipotent. People are not living to earn money, nor is money the only medium to measure the value of life. Money is not evil. It is not possible for a man to live without money. Every Christian wants to see money and use it wisely, not as a slave to it. As John Wesley once famously said, “gain all you can, save all you can, and give all you can.”

I think money is good.
It is important to use people. If money is used well, it can do many good things. It can save people and help many people. For believers, money needs to be used in God’s kingdom.
But money can’t be the owner of people. People don’t live for money. God is our Lord.

Well said. yes the love of the money is evil.

Definitely not. A greedy heart makes money evil.

:thinking:

Money is a tool. It is he who wields it that makes it good or evil.

However, we can say that among idols, pride, lustful desires, money is one of the idols that frequents the human heart.

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. -1Timothy6:10

I just read this verse and it saddened me. even in Paul’s time, people got swayed with money and has caused themselves much grief.

The phrase “the love of money is the root of all evil” is found in 1 Timothy 6:6-12. However, it’s not directly taken from the Scriptures. It’s actually a mis-quotation that drives a lot of people into unscriptural, scarcity-based thinking. Scripture says that the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil, and understanding the full meaning of these words impacts us in more ways than our finances.