Money is Evil?

Does the Bible say that money is the source of all evil, as I’ve heard people say? I’m not sure I agree. I know money can make people do wrong things, but money also can accomplish a great deal of good, can’t it?

1 Like

Money has noting to do with good and evil. The important thing is how we got it and how we use it. As we know, the sinful desire is always there, we should overcome it by Holy Spirit. Otherwise, we will become the slaves of money like many worldly people.

Money is not evil, our heart is.

1 Like

Money is not evil.

If use for evil things, it’s evil. We can use money for kingdom of God, But it may very hard when we have a lot of money. So Jesus said reach man hard to go to haven.

No, all things are good in the beginning of the creation, But we need to hold a correct attitude toward money, Money is neutral, but the way we gain it and we use are important.

Money is not evil, but the greedy heart and the love of money is evil.

【1Timothy6:10】 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

2 Likes

Money is neutral, neither evil nor good. It depends on how you use it.

It’s true. When our heart leave God, everything can become idols like money.

It’s true.

Money is not evil, but it makes us to make sins easily.

I think it is meaningless to talk about the money only.
Money is only a kind of universal equivalent, so money itself is to be indifferent to be evil or not. The most important problem is how it is earned.

Two scriptures for the price of one on “Money is Evil?”

Matthew 6:24 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.

1 Timothy 6:10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Money is not evil. But when people use it wrongly because humans’ sin.

Jesus taught that we can not serve two masters. One of the masters is money. As Christians, we only have one Master who is our LORD, and we only serve Him. Money is a powerful temptation for the contemporary people, but in the rule of God, we should be the master of money, but not let money become our master to drive our greedy and bad desire.

1 Like

Yes, we should put God in the center of our heart not money or anything else.

1 Like

It depend on how to use it. Good or not Good is in your heart.

1Timothy 6, 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.
It is not the money, but the love of the money is the root of all kinds of evil.
If we use money to service God. Money is good, but if we love money for our own lust, the money becomes evil.

1 Like