My comfort comes from knowing God is in control, even in the chaos

Reflection from David Chang

In moments when it seems like everything that I’m familiar with and expect is suddenly falling apart, God has taught me to stop everything that I’m doing, fall to my knees and hold on to this truth: He is God, He is love, and He is in control.

Even if things are out of my control, it is NEVER out of His control.

“Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements—surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" Job 38:4-7 ESV

2 Likes

Hello @FaithinGod amen to that. We must fight to trust that God is in control when we cannot see it or fathom how it could be possible. I am so grateful for all God’s promises about his sovereignty, because by clinging to them and praying that God would fulfill them, he has helped me to endure and persevere in faith when I could never have done so on my own.

God calls us to rejoice in every situation, because God is in control we can endure this life without complaining or grumbling. We can serve a difficult boss without entering into the grumble mill like everyone else in the lunchroom.
When we live life trusting in God, we shine like beacons in this dark world and unbelievers around us will see there is a living God who has changed us.

Every time that I feel defeated and useless, I always repeat this on my head, “You are in control”. There are just some things that we cannot do anything no matter how we want it to get fixed, even if we exert too much effort, it will still fail. It sucks but that’s life. God is not sleeping; he knows our struggles and we have to surrender our hearts to Him because He already won this world and He is in control.

@kbadum Yes i agree with you. God is not sleeping. He always watching on us.

1 Like