My daughter thinks she's transgender. Her public school undermined my efforts to help her

My daughter thinks she’s transgender. Her public school undermined my efforts to help her.

Throughout my daughter’s childhood, there were no signs that she wanted to be a boy. She loved stuffed animals, Pocahontas and wearing colorful bathing suits. I can’t recall a single interest that seemed unusually masculine, or any evidence that she was uncomfortable as a girl.

The only difficulty she had was forming and maintaining friendships. We later learned why: She was on the autism spectrum. She was very functional and did well in school, helped by her Individualized Education Program (IEP), a common practice for public school students who need special education.

At her high school, my daughter was approached by a girl who had recently come out at school as transgender. Shortly after meeting her, my daughter declared that she, too, was a boy trapped in a girl’s body and picked out a new masculine name.

She first came out as transgender to her school, and when she announced that she was a boy, the faculty and staff — who had full knowledge of her mental health challenges — affirmed her. Without telling me or my wife, they referred to her by her new name. They treated my daughter as if she were a boy, using male pronouns and giving her access to a gender-neutral restroom.

1 Like

This is so vital a piece of information that Christian parents, especially, need, I posted on Facebook on my page and on one group. That group is dedicated to Scripture solely. I stated that I would not have posted it there if I did not think that many Christian parents are not aware of it – of course! When the schools hide it, and the LGBTQ community is so adamant about it, and even some confusing laws written and misinterpreted that an honest psychiatrist is afraid to go on record in order to protect the child…I chose to post it there by way of a PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT.

I was a little horrified to find out that my son, himself a father of a son who is now 12, had no clue these things are going on at school. But now I understand why. The schools have themselves been told that is is somehow against the law to inform parents!

VITAL STORY. Thank you so much for posting it, @Catherine_Taylor!

Another story related to this topic.

1 Like

Thanks again for the link and story. I found 2 more and added them one after another on my Facebook page. The truth is, most parents do not know this is even happening at school. I think they have a right to be informed, and even to be given the chance to either give permission or withhold permission for their child to have such things pounded into their little heads. Most children have no interest in these things until puberty.