My family in Christ, this is my view on Halloween

My family in Christ, this is my view on Halloween. Be glad and spread peace on that day as you would any other. Costumes and candy are not satan worship. People and especially children approach the day as one for joy and something to look forward to. Do you think God sees smiling children and is grieved by it? I say no, I say he is glad that we have joy in our lives through our faith in Christ. I believe Jesus disarmed satan at the cross forever. A carved fruit at my doorstep is not an opportunity for demons to enter my home, or a potential stronghold for the devil. The devil has no strongholds, as they are things meant to protect from attack, he only gains footholds in those who believe he still can. I say that Jesus is my stronghold, and the devil will never enter my home again. The Accuser has no authority over my life, for I am not under law, but grace. I will not give satan power over anything. He is dead and gone from the heart and minds of those who believe. We are alive in Jesus, righteous and redeemed. So my brothers and sisters, if you are convicted in your beliefs of Halloween being evil or wrong, then be convicted and live accordingly. But to those who love the familial bonding that day brings, and who enjoy seeing their children happy dressing up and getting candy from nice neighbors, let them have peace too. We are all saved by grace through faith, in Jesus name, amen.
Edit: My friends did you forget John 8:44? Satan only tells lies, I do not understand why suddenly you believe him when he claims a day is for himself. How does the actions of others who follow the devil suddenly make him a truth teller? To believe that you must then believe Jesus was a liar, cause he said the devil has no truth in him, and we know Jesus only has truth in him. I say my friends that all days belong to the Lord. After you believe in the son, you are free to decide what is true in your heart, and I will still love you for it as God does Romans 14:1-9. But my friends, do you really believe satan has power and authority over any day in the year above God? I say no! God is sovereign over every single day. The devil is not even a threat to him Mark 3:27, Jesus ties him up and plunders his house at will. He has disarmed satan forever Colossians 2:15. Please stop giving satan power over anything brothers and sisters, it will not add anything good to your lives.

Eric Perez

Well said Eric, God bless you and all your lovely family!

Elizabeth Stokes

I teach my grand children it is OK to get candy and dress up .But not all neighbors are nice .There is a lot of evil out there .Be careful where you let them go .Please go with them .lord a lot of evil happens this time of year .Have parents praying for their children and keep them close . a lot of children end up missing this time if year. My brother was a High priest satanist .Him and all of his friends are dead now they died of aids .They did a lot of evil to Innocent people .Thank God my brother repented and gave his heart and life to God before he left this world .keep the blood of Jesus over your lives

Valerie Craig

Whether I eat, drink or be merry (even a little trick-or-treating), I do it unto the glory of God. Like Joseph told his brothers, what you meant for evil, God meant it for good! Instead of a day that Satan seeks to obtain worship, I will even more so use it to glorify God. I am FREE in our Lord Jesus. Not free to sin, but free to love God and love my neighbor. In a age of “social distancing”, I have a perfect opportunity to interact with my community and maybe hand out a salvation tract with a Snickers bar. In Christ, all things are permissible, but not all things are profitable…so use the holiday to make it profitable, unto the Glory of God!

Michael Skelton

When children dress up as their favorite super hero. And get ready to go out and get candy from their neighbors. satan is the farthest thing from their mind. I know it was for me.

Marie Chapiel Meyers

This is your view and opinions. It is not scriptural. I’d research the history of Halloween before I made this kind of approach but that’s me. We all have the freedom to chose just saying how it is.

Matthew Adam Gerrard

Amen that’s a sigh of relief, indeed Jesus’ victory on the Cross, has given us Grace. So live and be happy with family bonding with Jesus in our hearts homes and events. Thanks praying Antagonists will read and have an open mind to see and accept

Regina Theresa A. Gancayco

If I may share this with you just because you had mentioned that even though one’s intention is not towards doing that it may excuse them. https://incmedia.org/should-christians-celebrate-halloween/Are used to celebrate Halloween just because it was something fun to do however I came to learn that because of my ignorance and not knowing the origins of this holiday and its purpose especially connected to religious practices and festivities, The Bible itself is also clear to not partake in any traditions like this. Of course this has nothing to do with children having fun because I have kids myself myself and I always want them to have fun and be happy but not at the expense of breaking God‘s Commandments. I would invite you to ask even those types of questions I would love to have you and let the Bible speak for itself. Be safe and thank you for opening the topic

Michael Robinson