New Christian

Hi there! I’ve recently returned to christ after rejecting him most of my life. I’ve been going to church and reading the bible. I repented for the first time when I decided to come back “It was more of a broad repentance for my sins of the past because I know I wouldn’t remember all of them” Now I repent every night for the sins of the day “If I remember a certain sin of the past I ask for forgiveness of it also” and I am trying to change my sinful nature but am struggling with it. I think I believe in Jesus and what he did for us I’m so filled with doubt “I believe but then my mind is like what if you don’t actually”.
I have autism and I’m really struggling with this. I’m filled with doubt and dread about everything I do. I overthink and become obsessed with stuff where it’s all that I can think of “I’m not sure If the holy spirit is convicting me or If I’m just overthinking everything as I usually do” I’m paranoid that I might not actually believe. when I’m reading the bible most of it doesn’t make sense to me “I take almost everything literally”. I’m paranoid that almost everything I do might be a sin now.
I know Jesus died for my sins and I’m repenting and trying to change for the better

Do you have to repent for each individual sin or for sinning overall. When I decided to return to Christ I asked for a general forgiveness for the sins I had committed because there’s no way i can remember every sin I’ve committed in the last 22 years. and I’m trying to change
now I repent for the sins I know commited during the day and ask for forgiveness for the unknown sins I might have commited also and the sins I have forgotten. also If a sin from my past comes to mind while repenting I ask for forgiveness for It also.
what if you die and you have a sin you forgot about and didn’t ask for forgiveness for?

3 Likes

Remember it is by what Christ has done that we are saved.

“But when the kindness and the love of God our savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved is, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.” Titus 3:4-7

and…

“But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:4-10

When in doubt remember it is what HE has done not what we have done and He is abundantly able.

“Now to Him who is abundantly able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” Ephesians 3:20

Keep seeking Him!!

2 Likes