One we receive salvation it is like the same thing God comes to us wanting to purchase our life. The price was paid by Christ

Imagine if I were going to buy a house. I would approach the owners they would say their price and then I would say my conditions for the purchase of the house like I would like some rubbish removed certain things fixed or even to reduce the price. It is a contract we are forming for the purchase of the house between two parties. When we come to agreement to purchase can be made. Then I would possess the house. One we receive salvation it is like the same thing God comes to us wanting to purchase our life. The price was paid by Christ. The house is our heart. Because it is full of sin he wants it and he wants to give us a new one. So the two parties have to come to an agreement. The Lord States all his conditions we must believe and repent then receive and obey. If any part of that we’re not willing to do the contract is broken. Our condition for the contract is to take away my sin. Cuz I don’t want to do it anymore I want to live for him serving him but I must be made free first. The trouble with a lot of Christians out there is they don’t want to sell their whole life to the Lord. They only want to rent space to him let him come in and then kick him out when they’re needing space again. Or only want to give him partial use. Like I’ll give you my sins but I’ll keep the rest. Would you rent half a house or simply two rooms of a house when you want to purchase the whole house? No God wants our whole being not just our garbage sinfulness he wants every part of ourselves all our talents are intellect. Like people will say they want to give God all their sin but when it comes to doing their job which they are really proficient at they don’t want his help. They know how to do their job they don’t need anyone’s help. Even if that’s the case God still knows a better way. Was there intellect people want to understand everything and they try to figure it out for themselves and that’s what they’ll say oh you don’t want to tell me I’ll figure it out myself I’ll read this Bible and figure it out myself. But if I gave the Lord my intellect humbling myself and asking him I cannot find out truth on my own so please reveal it to me. And then he will. And we have to accept his truth if not we could be deceived by the devil who will offer a lie as truth. Just like he did to Eve. Could she have figured out any of that on her own. No the devil had to offer her a lie and she accepted that. But if I give my intellect to the Lord and only go to him to reveal truth to me that I won’t be deceived by a lie cuz I’m not depending on my own intellect. So we should not give only part of ourselves to the Lord we need to submit everything to him our looks are intellect our whole being.

Daniel Hutch

1 Like

Free Gift. Gifts are one sided

Oliver Kent

When Jesus died on the cross and rose again, he offered salvation as a free gift I don’t remember it being a contract

Chuck Youngerman

Can a Christian lose salvation?First, the term Christian must be defined. A “Christian” is not a person who has said a prayer or walked down an aisle or been raised in a Christian family. While each of these things can be a part of the Christian experience, they are not what makes a Christian. A Christian is a person who has fully trusted in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and therefore possesses the Holy Spirit (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8–9).So, with this definition in mind, can a Christian lose salvation? It’s a crucially important question. Perhaps the best way to answer it is to examine what the Bible says occurs at salvation and to study what losing salvation would entail:A Christian is a new creation. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17). A Christian is not simply an “improved” version of a person; a Christian is an entirely new creature. He is “in Christ.” For a Christian to lose salvation, the new creation would have to be destroyed.A Christian is redeemed. “For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect” (1 Peter 1:18–19). The word redeemed refers to a purchase being made, a price being paid. We were purchased at the cost of Christ’s death. For a Christian to lose salvation, God Himself would have to revoke His purchase of the individual for whom He paid with the precious blood of Christ.A Christian is justified. “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1). To justify is to declare righteous. All those who receive Jesus as Savior are “declared righteous” by God. For a Christian to lose salvation, God would have to go back on His Word and “un-declare” what He had previously declared. Those absolved of guilt would have to be tried again and found guilty. God would have to reverse the sentence handed down from the divine bench.A Christian is promised eternal life. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). Eternal life is the promise of spending forever in heaven with God. God promises, “Believe and you will have eternal life.” For a Christian to lose salvation, eternal life would have to be redefined. The Christian is promised to live forever. Does eternal not mean “eternal”?A Christian is marked by God and sealed by the Spirit. “You also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory” (Ephesians 1:13–14). At the moment of faith, the new Christian is marked and sealed with the Spirit, who was promised to act as a deposit to guarantee the heavenly inheritance. The end result is that God’s glory is praised. For a Christian to lose salvation, God would have to erase the mark, withdraw the Spirit, cancel the deposit, break His promise, revoke the guarantee, keep the inheritance, forego the praise, and lessen His glory.A Christian is guaranteed glorification. “Those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified” (Romans 8:30). According to Romans 5:1, justification is ours at the moment of faith. According to Romans 8:30, glorification comes with justification. All those whom God justifies are promised to be glorified. This promise will be fulfilled when Christians receive their perfect resurrection bodies in heaven. If a Christian can lose salvation, then Romans 8:30 is in error, because God could not guarantee glorification for all those whom He predestines, calls, and justifies.A Christian cannot lose salvation. Most, if not all, of what the Bible says happens to us when we receive Christ would be invalidated if salvation could be lost. Salvation is the gift of God, and God’s gifts are “irrevocable” (Romans 11:29). A Christian cannot be un-newly created. The redeemed cannot be unpurchased. Eternal life cannot be temporary. God cannot renege on His Word. Scripture says that God cannot lie (Titus 1:2).Two common objections to the belief that a Christian cannot lose salvation concern these experiential issues: 1) What about Christians who live in a sinful, unrepentant lifestyle? 2) What about Christians who reject the faith and deny Christ? The problem with these objections is the assumption that everyone who calls himself a “Christian” has actually been born again. The Bible declares that a true Christian will not live a state of continual, unrepentant sin (1 John 3:6). The Bible also says that anyone who departs the faith is demonstrating that he was never truly a Christian (1 John 2:19). He may have been religious, he may have put on a good show, but he was never born again by the power of God. “By their fruit you will recognize them” (Matthew 7:16). The redeemed of God belong “to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God” (Romans 7:4).Nothing can separate a child of God from the Father’s love (Romans 8:38–39). Nothing can remove a Christian from God’s hand (John 10:28–29). God guarantees eternal life and maintains the salvation He has given us. The Good Shepherd searches for the lost sheep, and, “when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home” (Luke 15:5–6). The lamb is found, and the Shepherd gladly bears the burden; our Lord takes full responsibility for bringing the lost one safely home.Jude 24–25 further emphasizes the goodness and faithfulness of our Savior: “To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.”

Vaughn Dodridge

There is no mutual agreement. You either get saved in God’s way you you don’t get saved.

Sam Piazza

This is incorrect and devalues the finished work of Christ.You wanted the house. But you didn’t want salvation. We were dead in sin and loving our darkness. It is the love of God, ALL BY HIMSELF, that draws us to Him, and to salvation when we believe.Even the faith that is needed comes from Him, by His Holy Spirit. Even the love that we have for Him now is the love that He has poured into us.

Latoya Shea

I don’t see how you think the two are similar, I never agreed to sell ny life to anybody. There you people go with your rush statements and assertions.

Ronald Ivey

I don’t know enough Daniels view of doctrine, I Will give him this though, God has forgiveness readily available for all but in order to receive forgiveness, one must ASK for that forgiveness. In this regard, it is a 2 way deal. Not only that, but the word Testament CAN be understood as a “covenant” or a “contract”. The NEW Testament is the “New Agreement”. 1 Jn. 1:9 says: “IF WE CONFESS our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” Our part is to humbly submit to The Lord. On top of that, God does say in His Word: “Be perfect as I am perfect.” He does require “all of us”, we are just not perfect in doing so and God already knows that, but God still does not change the standard. Maybe Daniel believes one can lose salvation, which is dead wrong, but I don’t see indication of that in THIS post, he seems to stop just short of stating that much.

Benton Warr

THERE IS ONLY ONE CONDITION…BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND YOU WILL BE SAVED…you are adding works to salvation…we have saved by grace through faith and NOT BY WORKS…least any man shall boast…what do you not understand…quit adding works to the finished work of Christ!

Vaughn Dodridge

If you post like this and 90% of born-again believers say you are wrong…maybe it’s time to repent(change your thinking) and get under a teacher of the word and learn to have a teachable spirit…instead of trying to be self taught and being wrong all the time…and trying to tell people you are right and everybody else is wrong…and telling them they’re not saved!

Vaughn Dodridge

The law of Moses the ten commandments were given to his people to show them how sinful they really were,

Chuck Youngerman

Amen!! I believe this & understand with Mt whole heart tiday!today!! I definitely didn’t use to though I’ve gone thru many trials & tribulations 2 get 2 where I am! God hless All!

Kimberly Longacre