Our Lord and Savior has bestowed upon us the highest honor of calling us His friend

Reflection from Nina Laird-Fusilli

To have a friend is to be a friend.

Friendship can be very rewarding. But it can also be a labor of love. Many people believe being friends is a 50/50 deal. Sometimes in a crisis mode though, the scales seem tipped and a friend needs more.
In a Godly friendship we receive the grace required to help a friend in need. The time will come when your compadre will come to your rescue. It’s so wonderful to know how God uses messengers of hope to help and inspire us. We call them our friends.

Our Lord and Savior has bestowed upon us the highest honor of calling us His friend. (John 15:15)

1 Like

First, let’s expand our vision of him. Consider how he is the greatest friend to great sinners. He draws near in our suffering, and he remains committed even in our stumbling. He lets us all the way in, and loves us to the very end. He doesn’t just justify us and then nudge us aside; he welcomes us into his deepest heart.
He knows us better than we know ourselves, and he loves us more deeply than anyone else ever could. We are closer to his heart than anyone has ever been to ours.

“A friend loves at all times.” Proverbs 17:17 I think Godly friendship is the deepest form of love. It is a strong foundation that binds people together in total harmony regardless of their indifference. God has blessed us with people whom we can call not only friends but family. They have been with us through the highs and lows of our lives as God’s instruments of love and affirmation.

Yes Amen! Like a true friend who wants to share everything with you, God wants to share His glory with us. He created us in His image. with a plan for “bringing many sons to glory” God will share His existence with His friends for all eternity. As the scripture says, “we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. We can have God as our friend forever if we will do all that He tells us. As Jesus said, “If you love me, keep my commandments” He wants you to share in His glory, and He died for you to make that possible. This is what it means that Jesus is our friend.