People Say I’m Impatient. How Can I Change?

My biggest fault (or so people keep telling me) is impatience. Like most people, I’m impatient when big things go wrong, but little things get under my skin also. I guess I was born this way, and I’m not sure I can do anything about it. And anyway, what difference does it make?

Hi, Cole, I really can understand your feeling. In the past I am also like you, I would get angry for a little thing, and others couldn’t understand why I became like that. When I told them the reason, they said I made a fuss. Now I have learned to understand others first. we should learn about their lifestyle and the environment then grow up. Many times it is not others’ fault or ours, just because we are different. What’s more, I think you can try to pray for God’s help. With the power of Holy Ghost, you can become patient.

It is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. When we walk in the Holy Spirit and know the word of God more, Holy spirit will change us.

Patience is good, but you also can utilize your character. Why don’t you find something to do with your character?

I’m the same with you. Don’t be so nervous. It is our feature. So first understand yourself.

If I treat others impatient, others maybe get hurt. So I will try my best to be patient. And I also pray for this. I want others to get healed when they stay with me instead of getting hurt.
"I’m impatient when big things go wrong, but little things get under my skin also.“
Try to think about how to solve the problem.

im also impatient Sometimes. I think when you are getting older it is one of the attribute you will automatically gain also. :slight_smile:
I can say it is not a overnight of work. its a process everything is a process.
Just put yourself first in shoe of that person or you need to understand his/her situation first.And 2nd Learn to think first before you speak because it can hurt his/her feeligs.
3rd and final suggestion try to pray and ask for the lord’s additional patience.

Hello @Cole The practice of patience guards us against losing our presence of mind. It enables us to remain undisturbed, even when the situation is really difficult. It gives us a certain amount of inner peace, which allows us some self-control, so that we can choose to respond to situations in an appropriate and compassionate manner, rather than being driven by our disturbing emotions

Hi @Cole
I know it is really hard to become a patient person but what I learned is that sometimes we need to put ourselves in people’s shoes and try to understand them. People are not born impatient and I believe that people can change. Change is constant. We need to find ways that will change our bad habits to good. I believe people have the capability to change their habits for the better.
You may believe that you cannot change being impatient but know that many people are the same as you and some are really trying to change that. I know you can do it. Just keep on trying. We should not accept our bad habits as a permanent trait but we should accept that we can change them.
God bless you!

Most of the posts here in our community I click to make a comment. For this one, however, I clicked to read and learn.

Thanks for all the replies. I learned from all of you. The most important thing I realized in this thread is that most of us do get impatient at times, especially the older people. (Not to say i’m old :slight_smile: ). But it’s true, I guess. The older people get, the more they want things to be done correctly and at the right time. I guess older people demand more from people and from life since they have been through a lot.

Just for the sake of comparison, if anyone wants to know, these are some of the things that test my patience:

a. my wife when she can’t decide what color to buy or wear
b. my kids when it takes the whole day to do a single house chore
c. my team at work when they can’t seem to understand instructions
d. my small group members at church when they won’t stop talking and let other people speak
e. the traffic light when it just won’t turn “green”, and
f. myself when I am being myself :slight_smile: