Playing lottery and sweepstakes. Bad or good?

Some people take risks at lotteries. But i know it is a gambling. Praying to win the lottery is a must or not? Thoughts here

Funny you should ask this question. I mean, it’s ironic. I was just saying the other day to my son “Being saved and not telling anyone about it feels like I am sitting on the biggest lottery ticket in the universe and trying to hide it somehow!”

To me, my “lottery ticket” is a winner and His name is Jesus Christ. I rely on Him for my needs, as He already knows them. I rely on Him to grow and learn and understand and be more like Him until eventually I will end up in a glorified body in heaven.

So, of course, I don’t keep it a secret, I don’t hide it, I share it every chance I get.

After all that, a human lottery ticket seems almost like something out of a garbage pail. I’m afraid I’m not much help there. God is not our “butler” nor is He our “genie” in the lamp that we “rub” to get our earthly desires. Our desires are wicked and depraved. I pray that God keeps cleaning my heart and desires up, as it is a big job!

Thank you for posting this :slight_smile:

I am not sure about the circumstances in which people prayed for lotteries.

But generally I wonder, if a person is quiet serious about their faith, why would they play lottery?

Since you are talking about gambling here I was reminded of Psalms 1:1

Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers

A true Christian would think about how to apply their faith in everyday living I guess.

What do you think?

I’d appreciate if you explain the circumstances or culture around this :slight_smile: