Please pray for me. A loved one has offended me and I can't think straight

and the sad part is that he doesn’t understand my point. I find it hard to talk right now as I might only shoot out daggers with my words. As a Christian, how do you deal with situations like this? ;(

I feel you, just stay calm @Apr. Make sure you’ll not utter any words that will make you regret in the end. Inhale and exhale, and let it pass. Whenever I am offended, I go straight inside my room and cry, reflect if I am wrong too and then I’ll go out in the room if ever I feel calm and okay.

1 Like

For me my own family hurts me. I’ve been through alot inside the house of my family, I cried, I suffered from depression, I hurt myself, I stabbed my wrist. Think of me as crazy but that is how the result of their actions towards me. But in the end I realized how toxic the environment I was in. So i decided to left the house and left my family, but still i love them that won’t change. I just need to free myself from that toxic place. I love myself and I want my life to spare and live.What can I say to you is just stay away from toxic people and free yourself.

1 Like

Hello, dear @Apr
It’s nice and wise of you to talk about it here first, remember that when angry or hurt we don’t really think the power of our words. And if that person offended you, you can’t do the same as the situation would not be resolved, it would just be a cycle.
Seeing as the other person doesn’t understand your point, and probably is very angry, take time and space. Talk about it in another opportunity, tomorrow or later, but think about it, explain why you felt offended and explain again your point asking that person to keep their cool. With family we got to try our best to have a good relationship, but always with respect.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

Hi April, I deal this by first going to God and pouring out of my heart concerns such as being offended and detailed it to God and I let God to search my heart and make it pure and true. And still willing to be corrected and teach by the Lord and heart that willing to obey whatever God will instruct us to do.

I will wait for right timing of God or go signal to speak the truth in love with the offender and to release blessings and forgiveness as well.

In light of this, I lift you up April to the Lord and declaring Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

In Jesus Name Amen!

1 Like

For me, when a loved one has offended me, I try to distance myself for a while to rethink the whole situation. I ask the Lord God for guidance that He may give me the courage to make things fine. When I am calm enough, I try to talk with my loved one about my concern, I open up about my feelings. @Apr, never lose hope. Praying for the best. God bless you and always keep safe.

1 Like

They say that the person that can hurt you the most is the one that you love. And that is true. That being said, there is a principle that we can see in the Bible about conflict resolution.

Matthew 18:15 “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.

Although the immediate context or application of this verse has something to do with resolving conflict with in church members, I believe the same principle can be applied to relationships.
So just tell that person that you got hurt and also extend your apologies as well in case that you might have hurt him.

However, in spite of these disagreements you should remind yourself to love one another.

1Peter 4:8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.

With love, it is easier to forgive, that is why love covers multitude of sins.

1 Like