Please pray Holy spirit can guide me to know God more

Please pray Holy spirit can guide me to know God more.

Knowledge of God is found only in the Bible. Read it daily. Every day, before you begin to read, and every time you read again, stop and ask that God would have His Holy Spirit reveal to you what He wants you to know. Then read.

Here are some scriptures that are good prayers and instruction for guidance:

John 14:26 “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.”

A comment here. "remind you of everything I have said to you." That is Jesus Christ talking. What He means is that the Holy Spirit will remind you of what He, Jesus, has said. And what He, Jesus said is in the Bible. If you read it and keep reading it (and do not give up the habit of reading it daily) the Holy Spirit can then remind you of what you read, God’s Word, to help guide you. If you don’t put the information in, then you cannot be reminded. And this really works. I do it. It does not work for every single decision I make, and not always for what I want but God guides me in what I need to learn or do next.

Proverbs 16:9 “In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.”

Psalm 119:105 “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.”

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Matthew 7:7-11
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

The spirit is the spirit of truth and works through God’s word.So if we want to be guided by the Holy Spirit, then we need to take the time to meditate on God’s word and pray often

1 Like

Holy Spirit, we welcome You. Holy Spirit, we know that You are the Counselor of Truth, our help in need, and the One who fills us with the Spirit of God. Holy Spirit, we pray this very day to come into greater communion with You. You so graciously work to intercede for us to the Father, but also to comfort us with Your peace that goes beyond all understanding. Holy Spirit, please come and Guide @patri12 to know more about God. Amen

In the journey of knowing God more, there will be temptations, the evil will tempt you to do other things than to get to know God more. I pray you fight all those temptations and focus on your goal: getting to know the Lord God.