Pray For My Grief From Losing My 18yo Son

My 18 year old son left this world on January 20, 2017. My grief has me completely heartbroken and I feel like a piece of my soul is just gone. I used to be so carefree and filled with joy, smiling all the time. Im going to speak with my pastor for counseling after work today, and I pray that through God and hard work, I can find some peace in all of this.

I was also diagnosed with pulmonary arterial hypertension in November 2019 and am in heart failure. I pray for healing and peace with my diagnosis. I pray that I can find a way to truly give it all to God and have complete faith that He knows what He is doing.

Thanks for the prayers - Whitney Miracle

1 Like

I pray for your fast recovery @Whitney_Miracle! May the Lord be with you always! Never lose hope and always pray to Him. God bless you! :heart::blush: I will surely include you in my prayers.

Lord Jesus, I know that You are close to those that are broken-hearted and grieving in their soul. I know You rescue those that are crushed in spirit. I ask that you draw near to Whitney as she is facing times of sadness and loss and draw her even closer into Your precious arms of love and support. Loving Father, I know Your Spirit carries the softness of eternity. You are the fragrance of comfort, you are the enfolding lullaby. Please encircle dear Whitney in her grief. Cocoon her within your arms of love, whisper heavenly truth into her soul and keep each fragment of her broken heart safe. When we are in pieces your presence will keep us. So I lay her in your strong arms Jesus. Come carry her. Watch steadily over her day and night. May she come to know that her beloved child is safe with you. Not lost but found, known and cherished. I pray this trusting and believing in Jesus name, Amen.

Losing a loved one is always a tragic experience. However, losing a child is a tragedy that no parent should experience. When my younger sister passed away four years ago. It was the first time that I saw my mother cried, no, wailed in public. I always see my mom as a strong woman. She already lost her parents and her three siblings. So it wasn’t her first time to lose someone she loved and in those instances, I never saw her cry. But this time, it is different. When I saw her cry, I felt so helpless. Although, there are situations where we can be helpless, we have a God that we can hold on to. There is hope of salvation, there is hope that we can meet our loved ones again. In II Samuel 12:23, David said, I will go to him, but he will not return to me.” It is possible if we will serve God till the end.
I will pray for you.