Prayer on the Independence Day, thank Lord for freedom that can be found in knowing Jesus Christ

prayer from: Valerie Camacho

Dear Lord,

There is no greater feeling of liberty than to experience freedom from sin and death that you provided for me through Jesus Christ. Today my heart and my soul are free to PRAISE YOU. For this, I am very thankful.

On this Independence Day, I am reminded of all those who have sacrificed for my freedom, following the example of Your Son, Jesus Christ.

Let me not take my freedom, both physical and spiritual, for granted. May I always remember that a very high price was paid for my freedom. My freedom cost others their very lives.

Lord, today, bless those who have served and continue to give their lives for my freedom. With favor and bounty, meet their needs and watch over their families.

Dear Father, I am so thankful for this nation. For all the sacrifices others have made to build and defend this country, I am grateful. Thank You for the opportunities and freedoms we have in the United States of America. Help me never to take these blessings for granted.

Help me to live my life in a way that glorifies you, Lord. Give me the strength to be a blessing in someone’s life today, and grant me the opportunity to lead others into the freedom that can be found in knowing Jesus Christ.

In Your name I pray.
Amen.

Amen! From cover to cover, God’s Word points to freedom in Christ. And God doesn’t leave us wondering how to grab hold of the freedom He offers. It starts with acknowledging our brokenness and admitting we are slaves to sin. And it ends with choosing Jesus and following Him daily. Only He can break the bonds of slavery and lead us to true freedom, now and forever.