R I wonder if my baptism as a child is still valid even though I truly didn't understand

I’m in question of my baptism I was baptized as a Catholic but I didn’t truly understand the meaning of baptism I knew that God was real but I didn’t truly know he was I understand that he is truly real now then what I knew when I was younger I have a better understanding of God now that I am older I wonder if my baptism as a child is still valid even though I truly didn’t understand.

Hi Christian,
Your question is legitmate and so is your logic. Baptism is a key part of our union with Christ. Typically baptism is most meaningful after you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour, baptism seals the deal of your discipleship and salvation and serves as a symbol of our union. Paul says we are “baptized unto his death” (and consequently his resurrection). This all means that your agency is important in this process. You knowing what you’re doing and what it means/implies is crucial to the effficacy of baptism. Unfortunately, as a child the decision is not made by you but usually by adults for you. It will be great for you to get baptised again this time with a clear understanding of what you’re doing and why

Let us speak where the Bible speak.
With regards to baptism, all examples and commands about baptism involves teaching, belief, and obedience.

Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved…

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
Act 2:38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized

Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

One of the prerequisites of baptism is belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and savior. I don’t think an infant can fulfill that requirement.